Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Rohm Twinmaster Desparado Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Rohm Twinmaster Desparado 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34


The rifle can be dismantled into a 12.6" match pistol.

I wouldn't mind one. Smile

Shoots around 60 consistent shots at 500-600fps on a 12g CO2 powerlet.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 757
Alstone likes his Rohm pistol. He can shoot targets better with it, than most of us are able to shoot with rifles.
http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=220
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I personally shoot much better with a pistol than a rifle...
but that's probably just because I can hold my left arm about as still as a chihuahua on a cold day. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Hi Descentia
Yes it certainly looks impressive and I should think it will shoot well, but it seems a bit fragile especially around the butt area which is only cast aluminium, and it's very expensive, get the guitar case and you could be a hit man. Laughing
See: http://www.muzzle.de/N6/CO2/Rohm_Twinmaster_Desperado/rohm_twinmaster_desperado.html

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I absolutely love the tactical custom...

Cast aluminum isn't too delicate as long as you take appropriate care of it. Unless I'm going to drop it on concrete from shoulder height, I wouldn't worry myself too much about it. I'm pretty careful with things I care about.

As for the price... well... it's a tad out of my reach currently, but for a gun of it's caliber, I think it's appropriately priced. I wonder if it would be suitable as a semi-casual competition match pistol...

Unless someone else comes up with something superior or similar for a lower price, I may be looking at purchasing one of these in the future.

I do have a question though...
Where's the hammer?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Yes I agree Descentia If you take care you should have no problem, Rohn do use quality materials on there guns.



On this model I think you would have trouble fitting a hammer weight as there would not be enough room under the cover, on the standard Rohm pistol the hammer is covered by a removerable plastic cover so that the hammer can be operated using your thumb.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I think that may be the case here as well, just I'm not sure if the stock would interfere with the removal of that piece.

It might work if you could design a weight that didn't add to the length of the hammer... like... placing the weight behind the hammer face instead of on top of it...

I'm still kinda fighting myself on whether or not I want to go this route. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so creating a custom gun would definitely be my thing... but I don't have many of the tools necessary and I'd probably end up regretting it.

Although, choosing this gun would be a suitable middle ground, I think.
Lot's of accessories, modifications, and etc readily available from Rohm themselves already. Laughing

Edit: Would adding the weight to that lever instead give the same end result?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Descentia wrote:

Edit: Would adding the weight to that lever instead give the same end result?


No, that lever just cocks the gun by pushing the hammer back and then returns back leaving the hammer cocked, it's not connected to the hammer as such.
Have you looked at the other guns on Rohms Site.

http://www.roehm-rg.de/gewehre_rg.html?&L=1

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
Yeah, I really like the Top as well.

I just got all caught up in that the Desperado can convert from rifle to pistol.

...and that it was about the same price as the Top...

Could you tell me why the air reservoir is a different size on each of their guns?

Also, would the Desperado as a pistol be suitable in competition, or would it be deemed too long?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Descentia wrote:
Yeah, I really like the Top as well.

I just got all caught up in that the Desperado can convert from rifle to pistol.

...and that it was about the same price as the Top...

Could you tell me why the air reservoir is a different size on each of their guns?

Also, would the Desperado as a pistol be suitable in competition, or would it be deemed too long?


The Top is a PCP gun, it runs on compressed air, to charge it up you need either a compresser, a scuba diving tank, which you have to get filled up or a hand pump.

The Desparado runs on Co2 Gas from a 12g or 16g capsul, I think it would be a bit heavy for competition as for the length I’m not sure about that.

This is my Twinmaster it runs on Co2, the Desperado in pistol form is basically the same just a bit longer.


Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I like the grip you have on there... and the compensator.

Is that a different barrel as well?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Descentia wrote:
I like the grip you have on there... and the compensator.

Is that a different barrel as well?


No it's the original barrel, the gun started out as a Twinmaster Action and I just customised it.




The compensator is just for looks but the moderator is very efficient.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I love it.

I knew it was an Action to begin with... but man... you got it looking pretty nice. It looks quite ugly out of the box.

I hear you have the aim of an eagle too.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I've read that the Desperado isn't really that good at all, and it's better to go for the PCP version. It's not very big either. Haven't putten it to the test though.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Descentia
Member
Member
Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Posts: 34
I haven't seen the PCP version unless you're speaking of the Shooter 200 which is the PCP version of the Shooter 88 CO2...

Could you post a link?
View user's profile Send private message
Rohm Twinmaster Desparado 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.