 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Rohm Twinmaster Desparado |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:07 pm |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
The rifle can be dismantled into a 12.6" match pistol.
I wouldn't mind one.
Shoots around 60 consistent shots at 500-600fps on a 12g CO2 powerlet. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 pm |
|
|
| 23ib0d0n |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 21 May 2007 |
| Posts: 757 |
|
|
|
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:05 pm |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I personally shoot much better with a pistol than a rifle...
but that's probably just because I can hold my left arm about as still as a chihuahua on a cold day.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:47 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 pm |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I absolutely love the tactical custom...
Cast aluminum isn't too delicate as long as you take appropriate care of it. Unless I'm going to drop it on concrete from shoulder height, I wouldn't worry myself too much about it. I'm pretty careful with things I care about.
As for the price... well... it's a tad out of my reach currently, but for a gun of it's caliber, I think it's appropriately priced. I wonder if it would be suitable as a semi-casual competition match pistol...
Unless someone else comes up with something superior or similar for a lower price, I may be looking at purchasing one of these in the future.
I do have a question though...
Where's the hammer? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
Yes I agree Descentia If you take care you should have no problem, Rohn do use quality materials on there guns.
On this model I think you would have trouble fitting a hammer weight as there would not be enough room under the cover, on the standard Rohm pistol the hammer is covered by a removerable plastic cover so that the hammer can be operated using your thumb.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 am |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I think that may be the case here as well, just I'm not sure if the stock would interfere with the removal of that piece.
It might work if you could design a weight that didn't add to the length of the hammer... like... placing the weight behind the hammer face instead of on top of it...
I'm still kinda fighting myself on whether or not I want to go this route. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so creating a custom gun would definitely be my thing... but I don't have many of the tools necessary and I'd probably end up regretting it.
Although, choosing this gun would be a suitable middle ground, I think.
Lot's of accessories, modifications, and etc readily available from Rohm themselves already.
Edit: Would adding the weight to that lever instead give the same end result? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
| Descentia wrote: |
Edit: Would adding the weight to that lever instead give the same end result? |
No, that lever just cocks the gun by pushing the hammer back and then returns back leaving the hammer cocked, it's not connected to the hammer as such.
Have you looked at the other guns on Rohms Site.
http://www.roehm-rg.de/gewehre_rg.html?&L=1
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 am |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
Yeah, I really like the Top as well.
I just got all caught up in that the Desperado can convert from rifle to pistol.
...and that it was about the same price as the Top...
Could you tell me why the air reservoir is a different size on each of their guns?
Also, would the Desperado as a pistol be suitable in competition, or would it be deemed too long? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
| Descentia wrote: |
Yeah, I really like the Top as well.
I just got all caught up in that the Desperado can convert from rifle to pistol.
...and that it was about the same price as the Top...
Could you tell me why the air reservoir is a different size on each of their guns?
Also, would the Desperado as a pistol be suitable in competition, or would it be deemed too long? |
The Top is a PCP gun, it runs on compressed air, to charge it up you need either a compresser, a scuba diving tank, which you have to get filled up or a hand pump.
The Desparado runs on Co2 Gas from a 12g or 16g capsul, I think it would be a bit heavy for competition as for the length I’m not sure about that.
This is my Twinmaster it runs on Co2, the Desperado in pistol form is basically the same just a bit longer.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 am |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I like the grip you have on there... and the compensator.
Is that a different barrel as well? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
| Descentia wrote: |
I like the grip you have on there... and the compensator.
Is that a different barrel as well? |
No it's the original barrel, the gun started out as a Twinmaster Action and I just customised it.
The compensator is just for looks but the moderator is very efficient.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:54 pm |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I love it.
I knew it was an Action to begin with... but man... you got it looking pretty nice. It looks quite ugly out of the box.
I hear you have the aim of an eagle too. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
| I've read that the Desperado isn't really that good at all, and it's better to go for the PCP version. It's not very big either. Haven't putten it to the test though. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:00 pm |
|
|
| Descentia |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 24 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 34 |
|
|
|
 |
I haven't seen the PCP version unless you're speaking of the Shooter 200 which is the PCP version of the Shooter 88 CO2...
Could you post a link? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Rohm Twinmaster Desparado |  | |  |  |  |
Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2 Next
|
|
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|