Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » A Canadian Playing With Home Made Gun Powder! Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
A Canadian Playing With Home Made Gun Powder! 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote
BBGun Bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Posts: 474
Location: Michigan
Do not try this at home ! But it is funny as hell!
How do i know he's a Canadian listen to him when he say's he's going to turn out the light. (out being the key word! LOL) People from Canada say it different than Americans.

Enjoy,
BBGun Bob
http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boomol7.flv

_________________
Air Guns Create Many Questions ! !
Together We Can Answer Them ! !
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
That was great!! At the begining when I first read the word
magnesium I said "oh no".

It was a good thing that he had his
glasses on. He could of been binded or altered his lens
beyond repair.

I had a good laugh after I realized he was alright.
It was hilarious how he staggered
off. thanks for sharing it.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
Mike AM
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Posts: 9
Location: Southern Ontario
7-parts Potasium Nitrite
4-parts sulphr
1-part charcoal dust

= Gun Powder

O-my, i almost could not believe what he was actually mixing up there Surprised It's a wonder he didn't blow his eye balls outta there sockets, seriously folks. OMG

Very Dangerous business if one doesn't know what there doing here Exclamation

Mike AM
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
"Dueling Banjos" in the background - is this that mutant banjo-playing kid from the movie "Deliverance," all grown up?

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
I think the expression "There are very few ways this could go right" applies here.

I couldn't hear the audio, so I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish...other than creating a "man blows himself up" youtube video.

Right off the bat I would've suggested:
A) Doing this outside
and
b) Using a wand lighter with the extended reach

But the way he realed after was classic. His hair all burnt up in patches...I had a good laugh.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dang, that actually got me shocked a bit.

But to be honest, I think it's a fake. After the explosion it looks like the guy has just been made to look like something exploded into his face, and how did the light turn on? Neutral

Unless... the guy wasn't alone... Shocked

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Could be a fake, but I don't know what would've been faked. I guess if he wasn't there when the explosion went off and it was superimposed. But I know that if gun powder exploded in your face it would burn through your hair and put a bunch of soot on your face, which is exactly what it appeared to do. He even shook his hand out like it hurt, which of course would've been the part closest to the flames.

And why is it that every g#d d@mned Canadian has to use one of the only three words that reveals their Canadian accent in every sentence. It's either "out" "tomorrow" or "sorry"

He might as well have said. "I'm going to turn oat the lights so I'm not soar-ee ta-moor-o."

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Rogerflat wrote:
Could be a fake, but I don't know what would've been faked. I guess if he wasn't there when the explosion went off and it was superimposed. But I know that if gun powder exploded in your face it would burn through your hair and put a bunch of soot on your face, which is exactly what it appeared to do. He even shook his hand out like it hurt, which of course would've been the part closest to the flames.

And why is it that every g#d d@mned Canadian has to use one of the only three words that reveals their Canadian accent in every sentence. It's either "out" "tomorrow" or "sorry"

He might as well have said. "I'm going to turn oat the lights so I'm not soar-ee ta-moor-o."


I've been proven wrong a lot, but it's this feeling you know? Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I'm with you Anton, I think it was just a bit of camera trickery, very well done though.
There is a diffrence between Americans and Canadians? They all sound the same to me, apart from the ones that speak french.Shrug

Al


Last edited by Alstone on Wed May 14, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Canadians sound like they took some of the minnesotan accent and toned it down a little. They just can't pronounce words with 'o' in it to save their lives. I can imagine it is not distinguishable to Brits, considering there are like 50 different north american accents: canadian, new yorker, cincinapolis, minnesottan, californian, southern, ebonics, and of course the one I speak, "normal"

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Yah, shoe-er, by golly, don chah know.

And how about dem yewpers, eh?

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
broommaster2000 wrote:
But to be honest, I think it's a fake. After the explosion it looks like the guy has just been made to look like something exploded into his face, and how did the light turn on? Neutral

Unless... the guy wasn't alone... Shocked


I was thinking that, the way the fuse doesn't actually burn and the lights being switched on just at the exact moment of the explosion was a definite giveaway, if there was anyone else they would have been helping him up afterwards.


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
All I wannt know is WTF was wrong with the way he said "out"?

He said "owt"- not "oot" or some friggin' retarded thing!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote
billandbeaufort
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 563
Location: Florida
Alstone wrote:
I'm with you Anton, I think it was just a bit of camera trickery, very well done though.
There is a diffrence between Americans and Canadans? They all sound the same to me, apart from the ones that speak french.Shrug

Al

Yes, all Canadians have 6 toes! ON EACH FOOT!!!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Hey now! Come on over here and I'll stick those 6 toes up something nobody's gonna like! Faq-U Mr. Green

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
A Canadian Playing With Home Made Gun Powder! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.