 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | A Canadian Playing With Home Made Gun Powder! |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:10 am |
|
|
| BBGun Bob |
| Veteran Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 29 Oct 2007 |
| Posts: 474 |
| Location: Michigan |
|
|
 |
Do not try this at home ! But it is funny as hell!
How do i know he's a Canadian listen to him when he say's he's going to turn out the light. (out being the key word! LOL) People from Canada say it different than Americans.
Enjoy,
BBGun Bob
http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boomol7.flv |
|
_________________ Air Guns Create Many Questions ! !
Together We Can Answer Them ! ! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 am |
|
|
| cw |
| Banned |
 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 1771 |
|
|
|
 |
That was great!! At the begining when I first read the word
magnesium I said "oh no".
It was a good thing that he had his
glasses on. He could of been binded or altered his lens
beyond repair.
I had a good laugh after I realized he was alright.
It was hilarious how he staggered
off. thanks for sharing it.
CW |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:48 am |
|
|
| Mike AM |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 22 Apr 2008 |
| Posts: 9 |
| Location: Southern Ontario |
|
|
 |
7-parts Potasium Nitrite
4-parts sulphr
1-part charcoal dust
= Gun Powder
O-my, i almost could not believe what he was actually mixing up there It's a wonder he didn't blow his eye balls outta there sockets, seriously folks. OMG
Very Dangerous business if one doesn't know what there doing here
Mike AM |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
| "Dueling Banjos" in the background - is this that mutant banjo-playing kid from the movie "Deliverance," all grown up? |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 pm |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
I think the expression "There are very few ways this could go right" applies here.
I couldn't hear the audio, so I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish...other than creating a "man blows himself up" youtube video.
Right off the bat I would've suggested:
A) Doing this outside
and
b) Using a wand lighter with the extended reach
But the way he realed after was classic. His hair all burnt up in patches...I had a good laugh. |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:32 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
Dang, that actually got me shocked a bit.
But to be honest, I think it's a fake. After the explosion it looks like the guy has just been made to look like something exploded into his face, and how did the light turn on?
Unless... the guy wasn't alone...  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:46 pm |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
Could be a fake, but I don't know what would've been faked. I guess if he wasn't there when the explosion went off and it was superimposed. But I know that if gun powder exploded in your face it would burn through your hair and put a bunch of soot on your face, which is exactly what it appeared to do. He even shook his hand out like it hurt, which of course would've been the part closest to the flames.
And why is it that every g#d d@mned Canadian has to use one of the only three words that reveals their Canadian accent in every sentence. It's either "out" "tomorrow" or "sorry"
He might as well have said. "I'm going to turn oat the lights so I'm not soar-ee ta-moor-o." |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
| Rogerflat wrote: |
Could be a fake, but I don't know what would've been faked. I guess if he wasn't there when the explosion went off and it was superimposed. But I know that if gun powder exploded in your face it would burn through your hair and put a bunch of soot on your face, which is exactly what it appeared to do. He even shook his hand out like it hurt, which of course would've been the part closest to the flames.
And why is it that every g#d d@mned Canadian has to use one of the only three words that reveals their Canadian accent in every sentence. It's either "out" "tomorrow" or "sorry"
He might as well have said. "I'm going to turn oat the lights so I'm not soar-ee ta-moor-o." |
I've been proven wrong a lot, but it's this feeling you know?  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:14 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
I'm with you Anton, I think it was just a bit of camera trickery, very well done though.
There is a diffrence between Americans and Canadians? They all sound the same to me, apart from the ones that speak french.
Al |
|
Last edited by Alstone on Wed May 14, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total _________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:30 pm |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
| Canadians sound like they took some of the minnesotan accent and toned it down a little. They just can't pronounce words with 'o' in it to save their lives. I can imagine it is not distinguishable to Brits, considering there are like 50 different north american accents: canadian, new yorker, cincinapolis, minnesottan, californian, southern, ebonics, and of course the one I speak, "normal" |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
Yah, shoe-er, by golly, don chah know.
And how about dem yewpers, eh? |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:45 pm |
|
|
| StevieLaner7777 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 07 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 1060 |
| Location: Herefordshire, UK |
|
|
 |
| broommaster2000 wrote: |
But to be honest, I think it's a fake. After the explosion it looks like the guy has just been made to look like something exploded into his face, and how did the light turn on?
Unless... the guy wasn't alone...  |
I was thinking that, the way the fuse doesn't actually burn and the lights being switched on just at the exact moment of the explosion was a definite giveaway, if there was anyone else they would have been helping him up afterwards.
Stevie  |
|
_________________ "Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:00 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
All I wannt know is WTF was wrong with the way he said "out"?
He said "owt"- not "oot" or some friggin' retarded thing! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:03 pm |
|
|
| billandbeaufort |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 Apr 2008 |
| Posts: 563 |
| Location: Florida |
|
|
 |
| Alstone wrote: |
I'm with you Anton, I think it was just a bit of camera trickery, very well done though.
There is a diffrence between Americans and Canadans? They all sound the same to me, apart from the ones that speak french.
Al |
Yes, all Canadians have 6 toes! ON EACH FOOT!!! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Hey now! Come on over here and I'll stick those 6 toes up something nobody's gonna like!  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|