 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Cracko is now Roy ; still a new guy |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:12 pm |
|
|
| Roy |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 May 2008 |
| Posts: 129 |
| Location: Wisconsin |
|
|
 |
Hi, all,
Due to the extremely negative connotation associated with the username "Cracko", and because of the great inconvenience of necessarily publishing disclaimers (the name "Cracko" refers to my penchant for dusting frangible targets) each time the name is newly used, I am officially changing my username to "Roy".
Administrator : Please note I have altered my email address under the old username, thus rendering it inactive.
Thank you for your attention ! ROY |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:15 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| OK- but I am going to eliminate the 'old' name from the userlist- we try to keep it as accurate as possible without un-activated accounts or duplicates! Our 850 (849) members should all be "real" individuals based on this- not some fictitious number like many forums (not necessarily airgun forums) contain. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:44 am |
|
|
| billandbeaufort |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 Apr 2008 |
| Posts: 563 |
| Location: Florida |
|
|
 |
| I liked "CRACKO" just fine! Say Roy say hello to Dale for me! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:40 am |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
| So I guess you could say that cracko is on his backo. |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:16 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
So Cracko is now known as Roy, has he had the operation?
Al
Sorry Roy Welcome to the site. |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:03 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
I like Roy better. As a matter of fact, I'd rather be able to know everyone's first name, then not knowing.
I've been to shoots that were organized by forum members on the dutch forum. Sometimes you weren't able to tell who was who, untill you asked his/her forum name.
Do we actually have female gunners on the forum here?  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:26 pm |
|
|
| Roy |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 May 2008 |
| Posts: 129 |
| Location: Wisconsin |
|
|
 |
Yes, thanks AirGunEric for handling the elimination of my old account under the old username. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
"Roy" isn't actually my real name ; it's a nickname I've had since I was a kid.
Now, with all this out of the way, let's talk about airguns !
Best regards,
ROY |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:42 pm |
|
|
| cw |
| Banned |
 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Feb 2008 |
| Posts: 1771 |
|
|
|
 |
| I like Roy better. It makes you sound more approachable. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:39 am |
|
|
| billandbeaufort |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 Apr 2008 |
| Posts: 563 |
| Location: Florida |
|
|
 |
| cw wrote: |
| I like Roy better. It makes you sound more approachable. |
Just never ever approach Roy when he's napping! When startled, I've noticed that Roys can be very agressive! Crackos on the other hand never sleep so in that regard only, are much safer to deal with. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:59 am |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
Now that you are "the airgunner formerly known as cracko," do you write your name with a single strange symbol?
Welcome to the forum, Roy. There are other threads where this august body will bestow you with respect. This ain't one of them. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 pm |
|
|
| Roy |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 01 May 2008 |
| Posts: 129 |
| Location: Wisconsin |
|
|
 |
Slavia,
I suppose I could represent myself with a symbol rather than in text. Most forum members here already do that, in a way, by posting a favorite image (consistently) adjacent to their username But what you mean is a representation by a symbol only, like Prince did a few years back. I am envisaging for myself concentric rings quartered by two straight lines ; in other words, a stylized bullseye target with scope crosshairs superimposed. This symbol is already in common use. It can be seen on the rear open sight(I know, nobody uses open sights) of an HW rifle, among other places. I like it.
Those who know me might suggest a person's head with a question mark above it. Or perhaps somthing even less complimentary.
But for now, I will stick with my current username(I have already changed it once !), and I will search for a good image to post.
Remember to wear your safety glasses, or "you'll shoot your eye out!".
Roy |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|