Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » Cracko is now Roy ; still a new guy
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Cracko is now Roy ; still a new guy 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 129
Location: Wisconsin
Hi, all,
Due to the extremely negative connotation associated with the username "Cracko", and because of the great inconvenience of necessarily publishing disclaimers (the name "Cracko" refers to my penchant for dusting frangible targets) each time the name is newly used, I am officially Yes Nod changing my username to "Roy".

Administrator : Please note I have altered my email address under the old username, thus rendering it inactive.

Thank you for your attention ! ROY
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
OK- but I am going to eliminate the 'old' name from the userlist- we try to keep it as accurate as possible without un-activated accounts or duplicates! Our 850 (849) members should all be "real" individuals based on this- not some fictitious number like many forums (not necessarily airgun forums) contain.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quote
billandbeaufort
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 563
Location: Florida
I liked "CRACKO" just fine! Say Roy say hello to Dale for me!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
So I guess you could say that cracko is on his backo.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
So Cracko is now known as Roy, has he had the operation?

Al Laughing

Sorry Roy Welcome to the site.

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:03 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I like Roy better. As a matter of fact, I'd rather be able to know everyone's first name, then not knowing.

I've been to shoots that were organized by forum members on the dutch forum. Sometimes you weren't able to tell who was who, untill you asked his/her forum name. Mr. Green

Do we actually have female gunners on the forum here? Shocked

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 129
Location: Wisconsin
Yes, thanks AirGunEric for handling the elimination of my old account under the old username. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

"Roy" isn't actually my real name ; it's a nickname I've had since I was a kid.

Now, with all this out of the way, let's talk about airguns !
Best regards,
ROY
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I like Roy better. It makes you sound more approachable.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote
billandbeaufort
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 563
Location: Florida
cw wrote:
I like Roy better. It makes you sound more approachable.

Just never ever approach Roy when he's napping! When startled, I've noticed that Roys can be very agressive! Crackos on the other hand never sleep so in that regard only, are much safer to deal with.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Now that you are "the airgunner formerly known as cracko," do you write your name with a single strange symbol?

Welcome to the forum, Roy. There are other threads where this august body will bestow you with respect. This ain't one of them.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 01 May 2008
Posts: 129
Location: Wisconsin
Slavia,

I suppose I could represent myself with a symbol rather than in text. Most forum members here already do that, in a way, by posting a favorite image (consistently) adjacent to their username But what you mean is a representation by a symbol only, like Prince did a few years back. I am envisaging for myself concentric rings quartered by two straight lines ; in other words, a stylized bullseye target with scope crosshairs superimposed. This symbol is already in common use. It can be seen on the rear open sight(I know, nobody uses open sights) of an HW rifle, among other places. I like it.

Those who know me might suggest a person's head with a question mark above it. Or perhaps somthing even less complimentary.

But for now, I will stick with my current username(I have already changed it once !), and I will search for a good image to post.

Remember to wear your safety glasses, or "you'll shoot your eye out!".
Roy
View user's profile Send private message
Cracko is now Roy ; still a new guy 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.