Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Looking for a CO2 Pistol! (& Walther PPK/S info) Goto page 1, 2  Next
Looking for a CO2 Pistol! (& Walther PPK/S info) 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi

I'm thinking of getting a semi auto CO2 Pistol

I need it to get rid of some rats on the premises (Close Range 5M)

I don't know too much about pistols so I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out!

I'm looking for a replica model such as the Walther CP99 or the PPK.

I also want to have a realistic recoil slide on it, Don't really like revolving mechanisms though!

Any ideas!

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
That "recoil slide" action on an airgun is referred to as "blowback" cocking- and the rotating magazine is a "dual action" as the trigger mechanism typically rotates it as well as releasing the hammer.

Unfortunately, I'm no pistol expert- so I'm not sure which guns have which features. Are there any specific guns you typically cannot buy in your area- i.e. ones that haven't been detuned at the factory to meet legal requirements? No point in talking about any of those, if they exist. Smile

Also- moving this to "Pistols" area- more people will probably pay attention to it there...

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Hi Steve
There are very few Co2 pistols that do not use a rotary magazine, and these tend to be target pistols. One that you can look at is the Anics 3000 it has a 28 pellet or bb magazine and puts out about 450fps, the only drawback is that the trigger pull is rather heavy and you have to take care when loading the magazine.
There are only two or three co2 pistols that shoot pellets and have blowback (moving top slide) most tend to shoot BBs, I use a CP88 for rats up to 10m and it works quite well, if you can get a head shot. Mind you the other method is a Cricket bat or a 410 shot gun. Have Fun.

AL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Alstone wrote:
Mind you the other method is a Cricket bat...

har har har. Around these parts there aren't too many cricket bats- so garden shovels tend to be the "gun of choice" for rats. Mr. Green

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

HA HA HA!!! 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
In Brittan we mainly use a 2X5 plank a wood! Spat!!! LOL ROF Laugh

Anyways!
I went down to my local gun shop today and got the Walther PPK as I bumped into a guy from the local firing range who bought it about a week before and advised me to get it, Its great! Shoots a velocity of 300fps with 4.5mm (177) lead BB's, It uses blow-back (thanks for the info AirGunEric) that really makes it look and feel like the real thing, Its 90% all metal except grips and seals and there's a good bit of weight in it too!!

Will post pics ASAP as I can't find my USB cable for my digicam!

Stevie : thumbup:
P.s. Thanks for the info guys! It really helped!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
At 300fps and 5 meters- you hopefully can get those rats. If not- use the pistol to stun them, then get out the plank! ROF Laugh

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
id be very sceptical if the ppk has the power to take a rat at any distance, but if it works then good on ya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
leadman wrote:
id be very sceptical if the ppk has the power to take a rat at any distance, but if it works then good on ya

Maybe time to look for some PPK mods... Wink

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PPK Mods 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Damn Straight!!

I definitely thinking of some power mods on it at the moment!

Though I did see a full auto mod the other day on youtube.com

I'm not sure if it is legal in the UK !?!

I think this is it! Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDiB-64NIY

"pool never saw it com'n..." LOL ROF Laugh

That will make those rats into furry sponges Uzi Shooting

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've been off reading a boatload of stuff on the PPK/S- seems there's not much of any mods out there to be had- at least not online.

It appears the blowback action of the gun uses a good amount of Co2- which means by the 4th clip or so, a 12g caplet/bulb doesn't have enough volume/pressure left to cock it- but if you move the slide manually at that point, there is still enough gas left to shoot 2-3 more clips.

There does appear to be one guy- in the UK- who has done mods to the PPK's, including the /S. His name is Kevin Burdock, and he owns a company called "007 Q-Branch".

The website: http://www.007q-branch.com/

However, it seems his mods have been put under scrutiny in the past- so I have no idea whether or not he can, or will, help anyone with suggestions or parts sales (beyond his silencer/suppressor offerings).

For example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/2642387.stm

About the only thing I can suggest in respect to mods on this gun: It's all got to be in the valving assembly- the path from power source (caplet) to valve is short- so very little to be gained fooling with that- so the valve is really the best and only source for gains. It would be nice if I had a PPK/S around here to look the valve over in detail- but no such luck.

Here's the best parts diagram I've found so far- just no parts listing on it:

http://www.airgunhome.com/forumdocs/ppks_diagram.jpg

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I think you'd be better of with something less realistic and more powerfull. You don't want to torcher animals, because wounded, they're a lot more dangerous.

Didn't you try a more humane way of getting rid of them? Like a cat?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi

No the PPK is no good, We tested it on a rat that we caught in a live trap over night, The lead BB's just bounce off!! But don't worry it was dead already, As I killed is with the Crossman 1077, 1 pellet in the head and it was out cold, Then we quickly tested the PPK on it after, No good though, I think it needs more power and heaver lead BB's, Though I think I'll just use it as an action target gun as the blow-back on it is amazing!!!

About Cat's!! How is letting a cat kill an animal humane? Usually they just half kill it and then just play around with then until it stops wriggling! (Don't really like cats) Anyway they wouldn't be able to kill a full size rat cus they're much more vicious round here and more likely to injure the cat, Such wimps of nature those spoilt British cats!!

Stevie Thumb Up!
P.s. I've found the Universal Serial Bus cable for my Digicam and I will be posting the pics of the PPK very soon!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
OK then! I've found the cable for my Digicam and taken the pics of the PPK, So here they are in 8.1 mega pixels as usual!!!

View from left hand side!

View from right hand side!

Note the fully functional hammer used to open the CO2 valve!

The slide stops halfway when it runs out of BB's to indicate it's empty!!
the mag holds up to 15 BB's!

This is how far the blow-back slide goes, It's spring loaded so I had to hold it back manually!

Sorry for the wait to see these images!, I'll try and keep my USB cable somewhere in sight in the future!!!

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
StevieLaner7777 wrote:
Hi

No the PPK is no good, We tested it on a rat that we caught in a live trap over night, The lead BB's just bounce off!! But don't worry it was dead already, As I killed is with the Crossman 1077, 1 pellet in the head and it was out cold, Then we quickly tested the PPK on it after, No good though, I think it needs more power and heaver lead BB's, Though I think I'll just use it as an action target gun as the blow-back on it is amazing!!!

About Cat's!! How is letting a cat kill an animal humane? Usually they just half kill it and then just play around with then until it stops wriggling! (Don't really like cats) Anyway they wouldn't be able to kill a full size rat cus they're much more vicious round here and more likely to injure the cat, Such wimps of nature those spoilt British cats!!

Stevie Thumb Up!
P.s. I've found the Universal Serial Bus cable for my Digicam and I will be posting the pics of the PPK very soon!!!

It's a natural way of solving problems. Yes, cat plays with it's prey sometimes, not always, it depends on the cat. Besides, a cat usually keeps rat's away, because rat's a re quite clever and aren't looking for much trouble. Usually just the threat of a cat is sufficient.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
RollinJo
Hi guy's im new to this forum im a new airgun collector from Montreal ,Quebec , Canada . Im collecting for about 6 months and i begin to have a nice co2 pistol collection mostly Umarex product . For anwsering the question ask here , i think a Umarex Desert Eagle would be THE gun for you if you are looking for a realistic gun with Blowback , i personaly own one and it's crazy Powerful "mine does over 500fps with high velocity pellets " Twisted Evil And he is a really accurate gun i can shoot a 25 cents at 25 feets Laughing But if you want something without blowback , well equipt and accurate as well did you ever think of a Walther NightHawk ? Im suggesting it cause i have one for sale at the moment ! Wink Let me know if you are interested !
Looking for a CO2 Pistol! (& Walther PPK/S info) 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols