Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » crosman 1322
crosman 1322 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
harley75
i got a crosman 1322 for pest control now i want to know what will be the best pellet to shoot in this.I know there alot of different weights out there standred 14.9 but what if i go with a 12.3 would that give a little more boost out of the gun.What do you all think
Re: crosman 1322 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
harley75 wrote:
i got a crosman 1322 for pest control now i want to know what will be the best pellet to shoot in this.I know there alot of different weights out there standred 14.9 but what if i go with a 12.3 would that give a little more boost out of the gun.What do you all think

You would get a bit more speed, this is BAD in this case as you will also have less power. The power is the mass (eg 14.3 grain) at the speed so you want the heavier pellets for hunting/pesting. Usualy you want to find the heaviest pellet the gun will shoot reliably and accurately, as this will usually give you the most power on target.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
harley75
Ok then i'll start with the 14.9 then work my way up i got some 15. Somethimg coming i"ll try them also.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
harley75 wrote:
Ok then i'll start with the 14.9 then work my way up i got some 15. Somethimg coming i"ll try them also.

Sounds good. It is also important to choose a pellet that shoots good out of your gun, and this is different for each gun (even if the same model). My 1322 and 2289 like home poored 21.2 grain .223 inch OD bullet shaped pellets, yours will likely like something different.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
harley75
I will mess around with different weights to see and a few brands crosman says the 14.9 destroyer the best but i read alot of people had trouble with them
more power is easy 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
tommylucky
Welcome to the forum and Semper Fi Devildog, and with that said let me add my 2 cents. First, for pest control I would recommend the stock to turn your pistol into a carbine. The accuracy difference will amaze you.
Next if you want some more power is to install a Benjamin Discovery hammer spring. Its easy and good for a few FPS. That's about all you can do without going into the gun. If you want to carry it to the next level, modify the valve you already have.With minimal tools you can add a lot more power.
You need to get rid of the right angle at the rear of the valve. Its done with a small file or a tiny carbide bit that will fit into the top port hole. Next file away the 4 bottom threads on the male end of the valve. If you have the right tools, grind away the bottom threads on the inside of the female end.Next, replace the spring in the valve with a lighter one. This allows you to shove more air into the valve.
Now, a lot of people will say, " hey,what abut a flat top piston and valve ?"
You can always do that later.What I just described can be done for next to nothing.The stock is 25 bucks, discovery spring 5 bucks, valve spring, about 50 cents.
Half the fun of air guns is working on them, making them better. Theres a lot of good information on this sight. Many knowledgeable people who will help.
I love your choice in airguns, I have a 2289 and love it. It tops out over 650FPS and that's fine.(for now)
\Good luck and God Bless The United States Marine Corps !!![img][/img[img][/img]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
harley75
Anyone got any pics on that whatyou said is new to me where to get the parts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
This level of valve 'tuning' isn't really required, it will gain you a bit, but not alot to write home about.

Look at acquiring a flat-top piston kit, less pumps to get to the same (or higher) power level. Then look at valve mods to the flat-top unit to make something more interesting.

As for sources for the FTP kits, there are 2 or 3 in the US, one in Canada, one in the UK. If we knew where you are located, this would help.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
Robw
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have one that likes 21 grn Beeman Kodiaks.

Also, Eric is right about the flat top piston. Increasing the inner compression
chamber volume will require many more pumps. Whereas the flat top piston
arrangement retains the original chamber volume will give more velocity
while keeping the number of pump strokes to a minimum.

Reflect Jesus Christ-Not your surroundings.
crosman 1322 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting