 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | scope stop |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:32 pm |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
I put a cheap little tasco scope on my Gamo Shadow Express shotgun. It didn't have a scope stop on it, but I didn't think that would be a problem. It was.
I had a camouflage cover over the scope so I couldn't tell that it was sliding. But I removed it after a couple weeks and low and behold, the scope was only attached by one of the mounts. It was still attached fairly securely but it was hanging off the back. It probably slid about four inches and somehow I didn't notice it.
I undid it and then attached it again but it still slides a quarter of an inch after every shot, so I just took it off. The open sights are pretty good, so I'll just use them. After all, it IS a shotgun. |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| You can try a scope stop- Gamo makes one for their guns- but it may cost more than a cheap 4x20 scope. As for it being a "shotgun"- you are correct in that using a scope is probably just a waste of time- shooting distance is short and the shotgun effect doesn't really allow for precision shooting, period. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:19 am |
|
|
| Rogerflat |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 03 Jan 2008 |
| Posts: 2051 |
|
|
|
 |
| Yeah, I really don't need the scope. The front bead sight is nice too, so I'm just going to use that from now on. I shot two starlings with it last night and it worked fine. |
|
_________________ I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|