Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » scope stop
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
scope stop 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
I put a cheap little tasco scope on my Gamo Shadow Express shotgun. It didn't have a scope stop on it, but I didn't think that would be a problem. It was.

I had a camouflage cover over the scope so I couldn't tell that it was sliding. But I removed it after a couple weeks and low and behold, the scope was only attached by one of the mounts. It was still attached fairly securely but it was hanging off the back. It probably slid about four inches and somehow I didn't notice it.

I undid it and then attached it again but it still slides a quarter of an inch after every shot, so I just took it off. The open sights are pretty good, so I'll just use them. After all, it IS a shotgun.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
You can try a scope stop- Gamo makes one for their guns- but it may cost more than a cheap 4x20 scope. As for it being a "shotgun"- you are correct in that using a scope is probably just a waste of time- shooting distance is short and the shotgun effect doesn't really allow for precision shooting, period.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Yeah, I really don't need the scope. The front bead sight is nice too, so I'm just going to use that from now on. I shot two starlings with it last night and it worked fine.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
scope stop 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.