Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Build is slowly coming together.
Build is slowly coming together. 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Got my tko brake in the mail yesterday. Crosman parts should get here in a few days, and next paycheck I'll be getting a FTP kit from mellon and a carbine stock. Per roger's advice, I'm upgrading to the disco hammer spring, and will see if I need the 13xx sear spring for the valve (mellon does work on his off the shelf kits).

Little 1377 is going to be a 18" barreled .22, steel breech, carbine.

Rigged it up last night with the brake, and even using a .17 pellet through the .22 brake, WOW! I definitely got what I paid for. TKO knows what they're doing!

By the time it's all complete, the crow family will probably come back around. For now it's nice having some peace and quiet around the house, the tweety birds moved back in, so there's pleasant sounds to be heard.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Got all the crosman parts in. Seems to shoot a dime sized ragged hole with 14.3gr CPHP at 7 yards. The TKO collects a lot more lead dust when actually using 22 pellets through it Laughing. I drilled out the factory barrel band to 7/16 and reamed it a bit, the new barrel fits snugly, and seems well supported, feels quite sturdy. I doubt the gun flexes much, and shooting with iron sights it won't make much difference.

Disco hammer spring is not letting it retain air at even 18 pumps, and I have no inclination to go beyond 15, where the stock hammer spring would start retaining air. Shooting into a 2x4 stud, the base of the pellets go 1-2mm deeper (surface to skirt) than the .177 did, so she is packing a lot more punch, longer/fatter pellet and all...

I am getting some blow-back, which I think is from poorly seated pellets and a loose breech seal. Hopefully a long probe bolt will fix this slightly.

Ended up having to cut into the base of the stock sight quite a bit to get it to fit on the steel breech, but it works for now.

I'm very pleased with the OAL, it maintains the "carbine" persona well, and the eventual stock will make it complete. The longer sight radius seems to help a lot as it should.

Roger, I appreciate your help and advice, it did not go to waste by any means. Thanks man.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
Build is slowly coming together. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols