Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Dropping Shut Off Pressure - Freedom 8
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Dropping Shut Off Pressure - Freedom 8 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Location: Yuma, Az
I posted the following on the Shoebox forums a couple hours ago, but I thought maybe somebody here might have had a similar issue and be able to point me towards a solution.

Dropping Shut Off Pressure - Freedom 8

I don't actually use my Freedom 8 compressor all that much. I may have filled my little Benjamin bottle 30 or so times. Maybe not that many, and I have filled my new Tiger Shark tank one time from zero. Yes I stopped every couple hours to lube the piston rods.

Anyway, when I first got it the compressor shut off at about 4300 PSI. Multiple gages confirmed.

Not long after I got it I noticed it was only filling to 4200 before shutting off. Then 4100.

The shut off pressure declined over time, until one day it only filled to about 3700 when it shut off.

A few days ago I adjusted the shutoff switch and I filled my little Benjamin bottle to right at 4500 PSI for the very first time ever. The next fill was at 4300, and when I filled my Tiger Shark tank for the first time it stopped at just a little over 4000. Just to check I topped off my Benjamin bottle and it also just filled to a little over 4000.

This is a bit frustrating. I am afraid to crank up the pressure switch for fear whatever is going on will change and I'll wind up over filling a bottle. I know there is an engineered safety margin, but I would prefer not to push it.

I would note that when I first got it I asked about the lower than what I thought was the set pressure, and was told they are all tested before they ship out, so its possible that whatever the problem is has been there since day one.

Please help.

_________________
Bob La Londe
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
The Freedom 8 uses an electronic shutoff switch, not the mechanical type of the previous ShoeBox.... They would drop in shutoff pressure as the O-rings started to leak, but the Freedom 8 should not do that....

I would either post your question on the ShoeBox Forum.... or phone Tom directly..... He is great at Customer Service.... My guess would be it needs a new pressure switch....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Location: Yuma, Az
rsterne wrote:
The Freedom 8 uses an electronic shutoff switch, not the mechanical type of the previous ShoeBox.... They would drop in shutoff pressure as the O-rings started to leak, but the Freedom 8 should not do that....

I would either post your question on the ShoeBox Forum.... or phone Tom directly..... He is great at Customer Service.... My guess would be it needs a new pressure switch....

Bob


I posted this on their forums several hours ago, and their website says they do not provide telephone support.

_________________
Bob La Londe
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
From my experience, Tom usually checks the Forum once a day or so.... I have always got an answer to inquiries within a couple of days....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
Bob La Londe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 05 Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Location: Yuma, Az
rsterne wrote:
From my experience, Tom usually checks the Forum once a day or so.... I have always got an answer to inquiries within a couple of days....

Bob


Now it seems the Shoebox forum is down. I get a 404 page not found error. The main page is still up.

_________________
Bob La Londe
http://www.CNCMOLDS.com
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
View user's profile Send private message
Dropping Shut Off Pressure - Freedom 8 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.