Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » CenterPoint 4-16x40mm
CenterPoint 4-16x40mm 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have been using the cheep Tasco scopes on my AirRifles till recently. On my FireArms I had always known that a good scope is very important, though I had figured that the cheap Tasco scopes would be enough for AirRifles (and inside of 15 yards it is), though I found that I wanted a better scope.

So recently I got the CenterPoint 4-16x40mm scope (between $80 and $100 US) and put it on my Daisy 22X. This is a good investment as it is a very clear scope with AO, Mill dot reticle, very clear even in starlit conditions, the illuminated reticle is handy for situations where the black reticle blends into the target or it is to dark out to see the black reticle clearly. The Mill Dots seem to be quite close to true minute of angle if not exactly true.

The Adjustable Objective is easy to deal with and near perfect correction. The Windage and Elevation adjustments have a good firm click and are easy to deal with.

Over all I think that this is a very good scope for the money, it provides everything that a $3000 scope of 15 years ago would, and this CenterPoint is of higher quality than the $3000 scopes of 15 years ago. So it only goes to 16X magnification, that is more than is ever needed inside of 200 yards Smile.

The one complaint I have is that do to the length of the tube I had to order a different set of Weaver Rail adapters so that it can mount forward of the 11mm rails on the Daisy 22X so it is far enough forward to give a clear picture.

15 years ago my rifles cost $500 and my scopes $3000, now my rifles cost $40 to $70 and my scopes cost $80 to $100. I guess that the scope will always cost more than the rifle it is for Smile .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
rws48
I learned the expensive way that a $50 buck a.g. scope is a worthless
investment.
The least a.g. scope I'll use now is the CenterPoint.
They work really well on a .22 r.f. also.
I have a buddy that is an airgunsmith that recommends the CenterPoint saying it's worth far more than the Walmart $69.95 they cost for the
4 X 16 with a.o. and light up crosswires.
I haven't had any trouble with them yet on my magnum springers and my Walther Talon is a scope eating beast. It has a custom industrial gas ram as the power source and it's got some serious recoil for an a.g.
I have an RWS 350 magnum that also east cheap scopes so I spent the bucks on a Hawke a.g. rated 4 X 14 with a.o.
I know lots of a.g. shooters that use the c.p. with good results.
I'm not familiar with the Daisy a.g. What are the particulars on this a.g.?

About 35 powder handguns
25 powder rifles.
5 muzzle loaders.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tasco's over $50.00 are "OK" depending on what they're attached to- the next step up is the Simmons (both Tasco and Simmons are made by Bushnell)- and the Simmons are really nice units for the price (I personally prefer them over the CenterPoints).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Mike Lanum
Banned
I've had very good success with my CP's so far. I'm in the process of getting a simmons side focus scope to make it a little easier to focus on critters. The CP's are ok for range estimation, but because you have to pull the rifle up to see what yardage is on the objective knob its a little to slow sometimes. I like the idea of being able to focus on target without having to unmounts the rifle. Anyway, for the money you can't beat the CP's. IMHO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
Slavia
I have had one on my HW97 for a year now, and I like it. I never use the illuminated reticle, but it came with the AO and mildots that I wanted. On 16X it gets a little blurry around the edges, but otherwise it has a clear bright image. The flip-up caps are pretty thick, and made high rings necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
tommytanker
I have CP mounted on D34, absolutely no problems.

Gamo Whisper, Hawke 2-7x32 HD-IR
XS12, Hawke EV 3-9x40mm IR
Crosman Quest
Crosman 1377
i have a center point 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
dcw
on my Benjamin NP Trail and it seems to work just fine. I think it's actually more scope than the rifle needs.

I also have two Tasco scopes on PB's (rimfire) that work wonderfully.

I also have a center point 4x that's not good at all I got in a trade. I called about repairs and the response was a good one but, unfortunately, I have no "Proof of purchase", other wise, I could exchange it for a new one... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

on most of my AG's, and PB's, I have Leupold, Pentax or Bushnell scopes all of which are medium in cost range but, IMO, are well worth the $$$$

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics