Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » The Marlin Cowboy
The Marlin Cowboy 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
Another addition to my basement gallery guns, the Crossman Marlin Cowboy. A little $35 repeater similar to the red ryder. It's reliable, built pretty tough and almost as accurate as the Daisy. Interesting little model, I'll see if it gets better after being broken in. My red ryder is pretty accurate at 35 ft., takes the heads of small army men Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
My red ryder is pretty accurate at 35 ft., takes the heads of small army men Shocked

If I ever get a place with a large enough basement again, I'll give that a try.
After 1000 Shots 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
Put 1000 shots through this little gun, only real reliability problem is the bolts came loose on the receiver, blue locktight and all is well. As for shooting, my arm is sore, this thing has a really hard cocking lever action and has no more real power (maybe less) than the Daisy model, penetration on targets like cans and such is no better. Not real accurate from 35ft., spits a wild bb every few shots. I have the sights maxed out. Not really designed for an adult, it's un comfortable for me. However, it looks very nice and seems to be built like a tank and is reliable shot after shot. If they came out with a version 2 a little longer and a tad more accurate it would be a real winner.Still, it is cool, nice gun to pick up and sling a few shots. I'll kep it and may fabricate another stock. IMO they are not as refined as the Daisy models
Accuracy Update 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
Been struggling with the Marlin Cowboy, today I completely filled up the shot tube, it must hold 1000 bb's, made the gun probably 1 1/2 lb. heavier and the accuracy improved imensly! it will hold a 3 in group at 35 ft all day long. It must have been jumping on me and I didn't relize it. Bottom line, if you have one of these shoot it with max capacity bb's in it, the added weight really helps this one. I'm picing off everything in my gallery now like the old west Mr. Green
Just got a Marlin, Oh No 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
31fisherman
Don't understand with this Gun...Shooting and 25' at 3'' targets...Shoot once off to the left, shoot again off to the right...next shot maybe 6'' away from target...Something wrong??? I have a Daisy 840 Dead on at 40' away...Thanks for Looking

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns