Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » Custom Daisy/Winchester Model M-14 Air-Rifle/Plinking-Target
Custom Daisy/Winchester Model M-14 Air-Rifle/Plinking-Target 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
airgunwarriors
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE PICTURES OF CUSTOM PLINKING-TARGETS!

I am so glad I found this site!

My Son Reagan and I have no one locally to share our passion with and we will soon be performing our first Custom Job on a Daisy/Winchester Model M-14!

Now, thanks to this site, we will have others that may appreciate our work/efforts!

Would like to show some of our Custom Plinking Targets if anyone's interested???

Anyway, look forward to introducing you to the final result of the M-14!

Happy/Safe Shooting!Smile

Last edited by airgunwarriors on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
ace
picture gallery with no pictures that's just teasing Mad Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
airgunwarriors
ace wrote:
picture gallery with no pictures that's just teasing Mad Smile

I'll be sure to post some of the "Custom" Plinking-Targets later tonight.

As far as the M-14 goes, we'll post pictures as it goes through its stages.

First on our list of up-grades/modificationss, will be the application of expanding foam insuation in the butt of the stock. We're doing this in an effort to have a more "solid" feel and sound when handing the gun.

Can we post short videos on this Forum? If so, wwe can post some videos of our work-in-progress.

We got the elastic sleeve from Amazon the other day for holding shot-gun shells. It slides onto the butt and for us, will hold extra 12-gram Co2 Cartridges and extra Ammo Clips.

There are many that think you cannot mount Optics on the Daisy/Winchester M-14, but that is not the case!

We found several Mounts designed specically for the M-14 on Amazon, as well as a 4.9" Rail so that we can mount some other Optics in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
airgunwarriors

I really like to use Tin Cans the most. When set-up properly with the open end exposed, they are like drums and resonate a great "PLINKING" sound when hit.

The cans range in size from 8-inches in width x 10-inches tall, down to 3-inches in width/diameter x 5-inches tall.

The orange regular soup sized cans are for "knock-down" shooting. I line-up about 20+ at a time.

The pie pan also make a great "PLINK" when hit! Best if not attached or sitting on a solid platform. I hang them using a couple of hooks that I screw in the top of the pan. When suspended from a couple of strings or fishing line, these really do make an awesome "PLINK" as well!

Currently working on plans for what I think will be the Ultimate Plinking/Target Practice Station that will facilitate up to 40 "Plinking" Targets and regular Targets.

Last edited by airgunwarriors on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Quote:
The pie pan also make a great "PLINK" when hit! Best if not attached or sitting on a solid platform. I hang them using a couple of hooks that I screw in the top of the pan. When suspended from a couple of strings or fishing line, these really do make an awesome "PLINK" as well!

I know what you mean. My 100 yard target is a 10" pot lid, and there is no problem hearing it at that distance. Like you mentioned, the pot lid is mounted loosely, except with a screw through the center. I can tell by the way it deflects where it was hit (2:00 O'Clock, 5:00 O'Clock,etc.) and the pitch of the "plink" tells me how close to the center I was (a lower note in the center, higher at the edge).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
airgunwarriors
Slavia wrote:
Quote:

I know what you mean. My 100 yard target is a 10" pot lid, and there is no problem hearing it at that distance. Like you mentioned, the pot lid is mounted loosely, except with a screw through the center. I can tell by the way it deflects where it was hit (2:00 O'Clock, 5:00 O'Clock,etc.) and the pitch of the "plink" tells me how close to the center I was (a lower note in the center, higher at the edge).

That's pretty neat knowing where it hit based on the tone of the "PLINK"! I fully understand.

If I would wake-up early enough on a Saturday, I may catch a Yard-Sale in progress and buy myself an old Cast-Iron Skillet to use as well.

Thanks for the reply btw!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
donwalk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i have an old aluminum 11" skillet i use at 50 yds...my 25 Mrod has put the hurt on it... Shocked Neutral

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery