Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Putting another one on my wishlist!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Putting another one on my wishlist! 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
I think I have a decent job lined up when I go home, and I have been drooling over pages of airguns ever since I saw the glimmer of hope. I am, as many of you know, living in Peru, without a job, and unable to afford an air gun.

I really like the Mendozas I have seen around the forum, and I think I want one of these:

http://www.productosmendoza.com/2008/detallesProd.php?IDprod=90

Does anyone have any experience with this one? It sure is pretty, isn't it? Does Mendoza have reasonable quality control? Also, I've never seen them for sell in PA, I might have to have one of you westerners mail me one!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quality with Mendozas runs hot and cold. I have one, and it's not spectacular. Some really like them. Check out the back pages on the forum Mexico Armado and you will see lots of Mendoza discussion:
http://www.mexicoarmado.com

Mendoza is marketed under the Air Venturi brand in the U.S.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
Oh yeah? I was just looking at the mendoza website, I didn't realize they were Air Venturis. Hell. I'd like a good one, hate to get a lemon though. Whats bad about yours; fit and finish, trigger, general performance?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
http://www.airventuri.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=2422


Oh crap! I got a new one! Future funds: doomed
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
Whats bad about yours; fit and finish, trigger, general performance?

Mine is a Crosman/Mendoza RM577 from several years ago. Finish was adequate for its price class, but fit was not. The trigger was horrible, with no upgrade parts available. The barrel pivot was a simple pin, with no way to adjust out wear. I put a lot of work into it to make it adequate, but it's still not stellar. On the other hand, there are folks that really like their Mendozas.

Take that opinion with a grain of salt. For one thing, my gun is several years old. For another, they have introduced a new split, two-piece trigger that could be an improvement.


_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
Yeah, I don't like the sound of a single pin barrel pivot. I think I'd have to know the gun I was buying was a little more solid than that. Maybe I'll have to see one with my own eyes.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
I replaced mine with a screw. I just did a Google search and all the Mendoza schematics I could find had the pin.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
Putting another one on my wishlist! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.