Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » Budget Gun Roundup
Budget Gun Roundup 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
Got the Crossman 760 to add to the basement gun line-up, same price with a scope as a Daisy 35, a little comparison to the 35: it's harder to pump (maybe more power?), a little more acurate with open sights, trigger about the same, provided scope about the same. BB's a little harder to load through the small hole however, the Crossman pellet clip is much nicer to load pellets. The 760 does,nt have the checkering on the molding on the stock and forearm, which I like on the Daisy for grip. All-in-all a nice gun for the price. Some shots of the rest of the basement bb gun line-up:

Daisy 499- Sweet gun, hits anything inside of 35 ft. Target shooter only and a little pricier at $125

Daisy Model 25 - Very nice for $41, quiet, shoots straight, built very well, over 300 shots no trouble

Daisy Red Ryder - With the scope it is a blast, can plink anything inside of 40 ft. like childs play

Crossman Marlin Cowboy - This one looks nice, but its short, and the build quality is low (bolts loosened up, lever is kinda loose etc.). It doesn't have the can penetration at 35 ft like a Red Ryder either, for it's higher FPS, I'll have to tinker with it

Daisy 35 - No problems, nice little gun, reliable, pumps easy, and has good power. A little finicky dialing in accuracy, but I can hit 3 in. at 20 yds consistently. Pellets are a little cumbersome to load.

It's been a nice indoor season with these little guns

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I used to have and shoot the Crossman 760 in my basement where I used to live. Never shot pellet throuth it however.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
The 760 isn't as powerful as the 35, it just has bad leverage.
Man I had a lot of fun with mine growing up though...a classic. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I brought my 760 almost 20 years due to getting tire of buying CO2 for my powerline 1200 BB pistol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
CENTURION
radar wrote:
The 760 isn't as powerful as the 35, it just has bad leverage.
Man I had a lot of fun with mine growing up though...a classic. Cool

Kinda thought that, did some testing on penetration and the 35 is as powerfull or better on pieces of tin. The ease of pumping on the 35 vs. the 760 is a lot, the 35 seems like nothing. For the price compared to the power you get with these guns using bb's they're a pretty good value. I like em both. Next on the list is the Daisy 901 Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I had my 901 forever. Its all beat up, but still shoots great. Since its scratched I should have strarted notcjing the stock for all the starlings I got rid of with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
About 500 bb's and 200 wadcutter pellets. Upgraded to a Gamo scope, this little rifle is very nice, that clip system is really handy once you get the swing of it ,you can cycle them through pretty quick. Would be nice to have one with a little more metals, feels like iy would break pretty easy if droped on a hard surface (trigger guard, receiver, stock could be more robust) but for $35 no complaints.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
radar wrote:
I had my 901 forever. Its all beat up, but still shoots great. Since its scratched I should have strarted notcjing the stock for all the starlings I got rid of with it.

Just got mine, $63 gun and $35 UTG 4x32 scope, what a nice multi pumper. Surprised how hefty it is, big brother to the 35. Shoots nice and straight and is easy to pump. Polymer is also really nice, very substantial. Really like this one.
Budget Gun Roundup 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns