Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » NewHW35E tune kits?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
NewHW35E tune kits? 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Canuck Bob
New Member
New Member
Joined: 26 May 2012
Posts: 8
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
I will soon receive my HW35E 22 PAL/FAC rifle. Ongoing research has convinced me that I'll want a kit soon if it is twangy or not smooth. I had considered building my own but it isn't sensible yet.

I can source Vortec and V-Mach kits from Canadian suppliers. As either kit seems well regarded I would choose to support a Canadian stocking dealer to keep the home shooting market healthy.

Hoping folks might have experience with the HW35E kits specifically or generally. I do not need a big power increase. I want a smooth shooting and cocking rifle. The rifle will get a peep sight and punch paper and cans, sometimes in my basement.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:08 am Reply with quote
dobiman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 167
Location: Gil's Isle, USA
You didn't receive your HW35 yet and you are already considering a tune job on it? You may be right. I was shooting my HW35 last week after some years of inactivity, and noticed that it did have a slight twang to it. Velocity was chronographed at 725ft/sec using .177 RWS Meisterkugelns. It deiseled a couple of times, sending pellets out at 1015ft/sec.
I will eventually have to overhaul my HW35 and I'm considering a Maccari tune kit from Air Rifle Headquarters. I bought a R1 tune kit from him and it works great, with no twang and a snappy letoff. Maccari's kits has his spring tar that dampens the spring. Maybe the spring tar is all that you will need.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Canuck Bob
New Member
New Member
Joined: 26 May 2012
Posts: 8
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
I plan to shoot the gun first and if it isn't bad mannered that will be a bonus and no kit. Some folks report well mannered rifles out of the box and some don't. It may just hoping but some folks seem to indicate the HW35 is a bit friendlier in 22, here is hoping that is true.
View user's profile Send private message
NewHW35E tune kits? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.