 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Winchester/Daisy questions |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:32 am |
|
|
| Needles |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 22 Apr 2012 |
| Posts: 8 |
|
|
|
 |
| I have a synthetic stock 1000x model, made in Brazil. It seems to shoot really hard, and I'm still "breaking in" the barrel. With Crossman Premier hollow points, It seems to want to shoot high. It's a little premature to start looking for the ideal pellet, but I just wanted to ask if heavier pellets might calm it down some. (That seems logical, but I wanted to ask.) Also, I've read that the Brazilian made Daisys have a metal trigger assembly. Mine is plastic, and the pull is not bad, if a little hard. It does not have any creep that I can tell, but the whole gun is virtually new. It jumps more than the old Chinese B3 I also shoot. |
|
_________________ Jim
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man." Patrick Rothfuss |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 am |
|
|
| Needles |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 22 Apr 2012 |
| Posts: 8 |
|
|
|
 |
| OK, so, I figured out the gun was not necessarily shooting high--- it was also shooting low. And right, and left! By that I mean it was hitting maybe a two-foot circle at 30 yards! I did expect better than that, so I cleaned the bore and polished it lightly with JB paste--- sort of like jeweler's rouge. I felt a couple of rough spots while cleaning it, and after the JB treatment, that all went away. (It only took like 10 passes with the paste.) After that, I cleaned it really well and shot about 100 pellets (rounds?) through it. So now I can hit maybe a 2-2.5" circle at 30 yards. That was with the same Crossman hp's. Every now and then, it "cracks" almost like a .22 rimfire. I ordered some heavier pellets (8.2 grain) since everything I can find here is 7.4- 7.6 grain. Meanwhile, I'll finish the tin of Crossman hps, depending on how long it takes the heavier ones to arrive. |
|
_________________ Jim
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man." Patrick Rothfuss |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 am |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Good you got it sorted out. Based on the condition of the barrel- perhaps you should look over the crown as well to be sure it doesn't have some issues.
Not sure how many Winchester (Daisy) rifles were made in Brazil- for the last number of years they were made in Turkey and now China... |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:53 pm |
|
|
| Needles |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 22 Apr 2012 |
| Posts: 8 |
|
|
|
 |
Good call, Eric. Although the crown itself looked good, the way the front sight caps the barrel had me a little worried--- the hole in the plastic was not exactly centered on the bore. I reamed the plastic a little to get it completely clear. BUT, while fooling with it, I felt the stock shift as I moved the gun around to different positions. Turns out one of the screws through the trigger guard that holds the action down was more than two turns loose. So I'm thinking the whole gun was shifting in the stock a little bit every time it was fired. I can't wait to try it again. I can't believe I didn't notice that before...  |
|
_________________ Jim
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man." Patrick Rothfuss |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:35 pm |
|
|
| robert w |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 12 Feb 2012 |
| Posts: 574 |
| Location: usa |
|
|
 |
| id take all the mounting screws out and clean them dry [no oil] and use some blue locktite . springers will losen up after shooting . but just use blue its the lightest strenght and if you have to go inside you can break the screws free witout any damage. or use your wife/girlfriend/sister/or moms finger nail polish and it will lock the threads |
|
_________________ ,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm |
|
|
| stefanj |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 13 Jun 2012 |
| Posts: 17 |
| Location: Milky Way |
|
|
 |
| Also don't worry about the gunpowder like cracks for the first couple hundred shots- They grease the heck out of those import rifles (keeps em from rusting while they make the trip to the US). and it takes a bit to shoot out all that gunk! I gave consideration to that same model Daisy, but after a HORRIBLE expierence with a pump 880 I swore off Daisy (ok swore at them is more like it!) |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Winchester/Daisy questions |  | |  |  |  |
Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
|
|
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|