 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | I wrote a letter... |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm |
|
|
| Dartssnake |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 17 Feb 2012 |
| Posts: 28 |
| Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA |
|
|
 |
I would like to hear your thoughts...
A market you may want to cultivate...
Dale To support@hogueinc.com
Dale (dartssnake@hotmail.com)
Sent: Wed 3/21/12 12:22 PM
To: support@hogueinc.com
Dear Sirs:
I just wanted to reveal a possible untapped market that you may be unaware of.
I am a shooting sports enthusiast, and lately, due to the expense of ammunition, I was interested in saving some money, yet practicing my shooting skills. I became an air pistol hobbyist.
This hobby is pursued, as far as I can tell, in every portion of the world, including many, many NON-FIREARM countries. Amongst these hobbyists are many, like me, who buy airguns and modify them for beauty and function (including power, accuracy, economy and coolness.)
There are many, many airpistols that, amongst many other modifications, DESPERATELY NEED new grips. Many airguns are very aesthetically pleasing, except for the fact that they are delivered to consumers with plastic, uncomfortable, ugly grips...grips that are begging to be replaced with rubber, metal, wood or laminates.
I went to Google and typed "Air Pistol Grips" and there were two million, four hundred thousand hits, most of them airgunners complaining about the standard grips and wondering where to buy some nice replacements...
A few pistols that are cases in point and VERY, VERY popular are Crosman 2240 (this includes an entire family of pistios, 1740, 1377,1322, 1701, etc.) Daisy Avanti Triumph Match 747, 717 and many others.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Dale |
|
_________________ Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Wyatt Earp |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm |
|
|
| radar |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 13 Nov 2011 |
| Posts: 1138 |
| Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA |
|
|
 |
Cool. As long as they think its their idea, you have a shot.
Only thing that concerns me as far as them not being interested, is that the way the marketing game is played nowadays: If market research indicated that 51% of the population is a potential buyer of Widget A, ans 49% need a Widget B, then 100% of all production and sales will be targeted at Widget A. Nevermind a bunch of companies vying for their little share of the Widget A market, no one will try to corner the market for Widget B and it will be forever unavailable. It boggles the mind. |
|
_________________ It's never too late to have a happy childhood. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| radar wrote: |
| ...is that the way the marketing game is played nowadays: If market research indicated that 51% of the population is a potential buyer of Widget A, ans 49% need a Widget B, then 100% of all production and sales will be targeted at Widget A. Nevermind a bunch of companies vying for their little share of the Widget A market, no one will try to corner the market for Widget B and it will be forever unavailable. It boggles the mind. |
Quite an astute observation. Of course what happens is that "niche" players do appear to address the Widget B production issue- but they are likely very small (or even just hobbyists trying to make a few dollars) and either can't produce in volume or cannot get the costs down to really get the full 49% to purchase the items. For example, there are a few sources for wood grips for the Crosman 13xx/22xx frame- but they start at $50.00 a pair and I still don't see anyone getting rich from selling them. This, of course, may be a lack of "marketing"- but I'm thinking that if there is/was real money to be made in producing pellet gun grips- Crosman would be all over it- they have the production capability, run a "custom gun shop" and have seemed in the last couple years to try and grab a chunk of that 'ignored' 49% with things like the Custom Gun Shop and producing products like the Rogue. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:03 pm |
|
|
| Dartssnake |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 17 Feb 2012 |
| Posts: 28 |
| Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA |
|
|
 |
If Crosman were "all over" anything, I'd be surprised...
The Crosman website and Custom Shop are short of the mark in so many ways as to be nearly irrelavant.
They could offer so much more, in both arenas!
I'm sure you have imagined the gun you would order, if they had all the upgrades you wanted, available in one place. I know I have.
I always wonder why, when you call up to order spare parts, the ones you wanted most seem to be "out of stock".
It doesn't make sense to me to EVER be out of stock, just based upon my observations of these forums. It seems there is an insatiable lust for upgrades, of so very many kinds, that they could manufacture parts 24 hours a day and never overrun the demand. Ok, that's just MY lust...
I suppose full bore overproduction would be bad in the long run, but
I feel there will nearly always be a market for certain of the parts and parts assemblies. |
|
_________________ Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Wyatt Earp |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|