Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself » Southern Ohio RWS 45 -Hello! And newbie questions..
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Southern Ohio RWS 45 -Hello! And newbie questions.. 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
Sylord
New Member
New Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm new to airguns, I've had the few cheap pump and co2 guns 30+ years ago but got into firearms and never really looked back.

Recently I purchased a nice RWS Diana model 45. Can't find much information about them. Can anyone help?

Trying to sight it in a friend walks up and points out lead shavings below the barrel where I was shooting. I guess my fat fingers did not push the pellets in good enough which would explain my crappy shooting.

How far in or what's he best way to load the air guns to prevent this?

Are the RWS45 any good? What can be done to them?

What FPS should they be shooting?

I was shooting the only thing I could find at th moment from walmart, the cross man domed hollow points. What's good for this rifle?

Thanks!

Darrell

Any other shooter in my area?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Hi, Greetings Mr. Green

I can really only advise you on two of your questions.

Pellets should be flush when inserted, tests have shown velocity decreases,and pistons can slam / bounce if inserted even 5mm deep into the chamber... ouch for the gun Shocked There are pellet seaters availiable, or the tip of a ballpoint pen will do the trick.

As for pellets, the best advice anyone will give,is try alot of different pellets, you will find one that your gun shoots with accuracy and with consistant velocities.
Stay clear of lighweight or very heavy pellets for your springer.
Good luck

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
twalter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Jun 2011
Posts: 180
Location: East TN USA
Welcome!

Ill be through the Queen city a few times in March. My wife has family in Southern Indiana (Madison) and I have drive through so if you could tell me if the I75 bridge is still a mess Id appreciate it... Mr. Green

On the pellet issue, you may just need to push it a little further in the barrel. Those crosman pellets may work out for you, if not I recall a bass pro or cabelas up north of Cincy. They have RWS samplers usually but I find them extremely expensive. Ive been to the bass pro down by Louisville and I know they have them. For pellets check out
http://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-pellets

Also we are trying to start a pellet exchange/pay it forward here on the board and you can find that under the pellet tab.

If your into small game, that area has a ton of critters begging for some lead...

_________________
Benjamin Marauder .25 cal scoped with Bushnell 4-16/40AO CF with Hill hand pump
Gamo Hunter 220 .177 with CP 4-16/AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Welcome to the forum!

Pellets should indeed be seated at least flush with the breech face so they don't hang out and get sheared off when you close the barrel. I have seating tools, and they work on some gun/pellet combinations and give no result on others. I read someplace that you shouldn't seat pellets more then 0.050" past the breech face, for the reason mentioned above. My seating tools are adjustable, and I have a 0.048" feeler gauge.

As far as pellet choice, I agree that the best way is to try as many kinds as possible. Some individual guns show a definite preference, and on some guns it doesn't matter.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
Southern Ohio RWS 45 -Hello! And newbie questions.. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.