Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Swivels on the Disco?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Swivels on the Disco? 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
I would like to put some Sling Swivels on my .22 Disco, that way I could mount a bipod. Any suggestions on a specific type of Swivels? Bipods?

I also going to need some advice on how to get the Swivel onto the Disco, and getting the Bipod mounted. Embarassed

Thanks,

Jr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Re: Swivels on the Disco? 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
djdilliodon
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Location: NY
Jr. Squirreler wrote:
I would like to put some Sling Swivels on my .22 Disco, that way I could mount a bipod. Any suggestions on a specific type of Swivels? Bipods?

I also going to need some advice on how to get the Swivel onto the Disco, and getting the Bipod mounted. Embarassed

Thanks,

Jr.


They are very easy to install. All you need to do is pre drill a hole and screw them in. Just make sure u get the correct length studs. For bipods Harris makes real nice sturdy ones well worth the money.
View user's profile Send private message
Re: Swivels on the Disco? 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
djdilliodon wrote:
Jr. Squirreler wrote:
I would like to put some Sling Swivels on my .22 Disco, that way I could mount a bipod. Any suggestions on a specific type of Swivels? Bipods?

I also going to need some advice on how to get the Swivel onto the Disco, and getting the Bipod mounted. Embarassed

Thanks,

Jr.


They are very easy to install. All you need to do is pre drill a hole and screw them in. Just make sure u get the correct length studs. For bipods Harris makes real nice sturdy ones well worth the money.
Does the Drill Bit need to be a certain Size?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
djdilliodon
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Location: NY
Just use a bit that is a little smaller than the swivel. I use these studs http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SWIVEL-STUD-6-PIECE-SET-NICKEL-PLATED-p/100-290.htm
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
Has anyone heard of this Swivel set? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/GrovTec_Swivel_Set_Wood_Screws_Fits_Bolt_Action_Rifles_1_Loops_Black_Oxide/2361

This Bipod? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Universal_Bipod_Telescoping_Legs_Picatinny_Sling_Swivel_Mount/882

Reason being, is I have a lot of extra money on one of my P.A. Gift Cards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
Jr. Squirreler wrote:
Has anyone heard of this Swivel set? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/GrovTec_Swivel_Set_Wood_Screws_Fits_Bolt_Action_Rifles_1_Loops_Black_Oxide/2361

This Bipod? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Universal_Bipod_Telescoping_Legs_Picatinny_Sling_Swivel_Mount/882

Reason being, is I have a lot of extra money on one of my P.A. Gift Cards.
Or do I not need the whole set? Just the screw? Sorry, this whole modding thing is new to me Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Jr. Squirreler wrote:
Has anyone heard of this Swivel set? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/GrovTec_Swivel_Set_Wood_Screws_Fits_Bolt_Action_Rifles_1_Loops_Black_Oxide/2361

This Bipod? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Universal_Bipod_Telescoping_Legs_Picatinny_Sling_Swivel_Mount/882

Reason being, is I have a lot of extra money on one of my P.A. Gift Cards.
That swivel set is exactly what you need. The bipod should work too. I'm not exactly sure how it mounts up to the swivel stud, but if it you can't use the sling with the bipod, I don't think it would be very useful.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
oddtodd wrote:
Jr. Squirreler wrote:
Has anyone heard of this Swivel set? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/GrovTec_Swivel_Set_Wood_Screws_Fits_Bolt_Action_Rifles_1_Loops_Black_Oxide/2361

This Bipod? http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Universal_Bipod_Telescoping_Legs_Picatinny_Sling_Swivel_Mount/882

Reason being, is I have a lot of extra money on one of my P.A. Gift Cards.
That swivel set is exactly what you need. The bipod should work too. I'm not exactly sure how it mounts up to the swivel stud, but if it you can't use the sling with the bipod, I don't think it would be very useful.
Great! Well I just purchased both with $4.00 to spare! Laughing If I don't think it will be of great use to me, I will just send it back!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 357
Location: Miami Fl.
Hey Jr, I have that bi pod on my Trail. The only bad thing about it is that the legs will have a bit of play. I find the spring folding leg bi pods to be more sturdy with less play.

That sling set will work just fine, you only need the small screw though. I am putting a bi pod on my QB79 and have to do the same as you. I used your discount code the other day to get my steel breech from Crosman, thanks!


Ernesto
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
To mount something like a Harris Bi-pod you need swivel stud, the bi-pod has a claw arrangement with a pin on each claw, these engage in the swivel stud hole you then tighten up a screw that draws up the bi-pod and locks the claw. This system works well also the sling also attaches to the bi-pod.






This Bi-pod is a chinese copy of a "Harris" mount 1/3 of the cost on E-bay.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
Well I got the bipod and mounted it today. Wasn't too much of a problem, and it really boosts the accuracy of the Disco. The only down side is, the Disco is now on the heavier side.




View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
SMP
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 1183
Location: Just south of "Out There"- Land O Lakes Ontario
Looks great Jr. Awesome job Thumb Up!

_________________
Sean
View user's profile Send private message
Swivels on the Disco? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.