Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » New to the forums, seeking advice on modded disco.
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
New to the forums, seeking advice on modded disco. 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
djdilliodon
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Location: NY
Hello all new to the forums but been into airguns since about 11 years old. I'm looking at picking up a disco with hand pump in .22 caliber. I came across the package that mac1 airguns offers and was wondering if there was maybe a better option? Looking for a nice accurate rifle that hopefully can shoot 16gr ammo at around 925-950 fps after a tune. I will be using the rifle for target shooting and hunting. I will also be adding a tko brake to hopefully quiter down to make it back yard friendly. Shrouding the barrel is also on my mind as the quiter the better. Any help, ideas, and maybe links to sites that carry shrouds, brakes, other custom parts, and offer tunes would be excellent!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Welcome!
I got one for Christmas and couldn't be happier. It is the easiest airgun I've ever had to shoot accurately. It looks to be very easy to work on, too. I love this rifle. Got it at Scheels on sale for $299 with the pump included. Good luck finding anything in stock for a few months after Christmas though.

-Rob

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
djdilliodon
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Location: NY
radar wrote:
Welcome!
I got one for Christmas and couldn't be happier. It is the easiest airgun I've ever had to shoot accurately. It looks to be very easy to work on, too. I love this rifle. Got it at Scheels on sale for $299 with the pump included. Good luck finding anything in stock for a few months after Christmas though.

-Rob


Thanks for the welcome! From what I've been reading about the disco it's exactly what I'm looking for. I got a little time before I purchase one I think. I wanna sell my custom savage 17 hmr first to help fund the disco. While my 17 is insanely accurate I'm forced to go with an air alternative. I need something quite, good to 70 yards, and cheap to shoot. The disco seems to fit that bill very nicely Smile.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
If you're thinking of adding a shroud/brakes and such- it might be easier to start out with a Benjamin Marauder (?). Unless of course you like the challenge and doing your own handiwork.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
djdilliodon
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Location: NY
AirGunEric wrote:
If you're thinking of adding a shroud/brakes and such- it might be easier to start out with a Benjamin Marauder (?). Unless of course you like the challenge and doing your own handiwork.


I have thought about that. The only thing is that a tuned mrod will run me about $525+ and I will still need the hand pump which will make it a $725 package.. The disco tuned with the pump will run $425 and adding the tko brake will put it at another $50. I would love an mrod but cost unfortunately is an issue Sad/Cry
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
djdilliodon wrote:
...I would love an mrod but cost unfortunately is an issue Sad/Cry

Well get the Disco adn keep me company. We'll be the two saps left in the world with the m-rod's bastard little brother. Laughing

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Oh, there might be a few more of us that have Discos as well...

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
AirGunEric wrote:
Oh, there might be a few more of us that have Discos as well...

I believe it as Scheels sold out fast! I got the last one at the sale price.

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
Ask rsterne about the Trakkar spring that is the perfect hammer spring upgrade. With that and a power adjuster my Disco bucks 18.1 grain JSB's at about 915 average or something like that, so with just the spring you're likely to get to your desired fps.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Just to follow up, there are piles of Discovery's out there.

I call this one the "Raccoon Shooter"












And for anyone who has or will ask "Should I store my Discovery with air in it or not?"

This was last filled in September, 2011:



And is doing just fine!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
New to the forums, seeking advice on modded disco. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.