 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | newbie question on RWS 34 |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:08 pm |
|
|
| verminator |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 May 2010 |
| Posts: 6 |
|
|
|
 |
Hi every one
Im a newbie to all this air gun stuff. been shooting when i was a kid and now trying to get the better stuff.
my question is, I have this guy trying to sell me 3 guns for $450 comes with 2 scope. 3x9 and a 3x32
2 of them are 177 commemorative edition rws 34. on of them is missing the iron sights
1 is a rws 34 .22
is this a good deal or is there some thing I should be looking for when examining the guns or should I just forget about it.
what i notice from the research i found was that the stock is not the normal 34 stock its a rws 48 stock or higher and it has a 100 year seal on it.
a quick response from you experience people would be nice because I schedualed to take a look at them today.
________
Vapor genie vaporizer |
|
Last edited by verminator on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:28 pm |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2443 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
That seems like an amazing deal if the rifles are in good mechanical and aesthetic condition.
I would not sell them if I were you. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm |
|
|
| verminator |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 May 2010 |
| Posts: 6 |
|
|
|
 |
| fritz wrote: |
That seems like an amazing deal if the rifles are in good mechanical and aesthetic condition.
I would not sell them if I were you. |
The only one that i was told was in good condition is one of the RWS .177 and the other 2 are ok.
I have to look at them but being a newbie, I wouldnt know heads or tail from a spring gun let alone a gun.
Any pointers on what to look for?
How do i know if the springs are bad? The springs are around $100 and to me thats nor worth it since i can put that money toward a new gun.
________
CHEVROLET 210 SPECIFICATIONS |
|
Last edited by verminator on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:57 pm |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2443 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
You could do the easiest check for major problems by taking the stock off and looking down the cocking slot. Also by giving the rifle a good shake, a good spring should not move (its under pressure). Make sure to hold the cocking arm because on 34's it is loose and will vibrate. To the untrained ears this may be confused.
Or if you have a spring compressor (wouldn't expect you to), tear the gun down and inspect it. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:10 pm |
|
|
| verminator |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 May 2010 |
| Posts: 6 |
|
|
|
 |
| fritz wrote: |
You could do the easiest check for major problems by taking the stock off and looking down the cocking slot. Also by giving the rifle a good shake, a good spring should not move (its under pressure). Make sure to hold the cocking arm because on 34's it is loose and will vibrate. To the untrained ears this may be confused.
Or if you have a spring compressor (wouldn't expect you to), tear the gun down and inspect it. |
So do I cock it first then shake?
anything else should I look for?
________
HAWAII DISPENSARIES |
|
Last edited by verminator on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:20 pm |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2443 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
| Woah, do not cock it first. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm |
|
|
| donec |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 19 Dec 2009 |
| Posts: 836 |
| Location: central Texas Pflugerville area |
|
|
 |
| I think this is one of those times that some kind of standard for power would be good as it doesn't have to be accurate but just to give the idea of working. Like how deep a pellet will go into a phone book from a given distance. That along with a bench test of groups would tell me if the guns are working acceptably along with any odd sounds. Just my opinion and I am quite the newbie also. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | newbie question on RWS 34 |  | |  |  |  |
Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
|
|
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|