Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Increasing Power, and velocity on Gamo bigcat 1200. Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Speaking of Dianas... does Diana over-state it's velocity like Gamo? I really need a chrono... Crying or Very sad

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
They are not trying to do so, for as far as I know.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Jordan4
New Member
New Member
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 8
Ok I understand your guys input but if I wanted to politely reject your replies and want to know how to increased the speed of my gun could somebody tell me nevermind that you correctley think its a bad idea however I still want to do it any advice please thankyou.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Longest sentence record two!

Well, to increase power, you could try and get the biggest tunekit on the market. Then make sure you get a huge amount of preload on the spring, just enough so you can still cock it. Then get the Gamo PBA pellets and apart from the fact that you won't hit anything, or kill anything humanely, the killing recoil, the huge wear and tear on your rifle, you'll probably achieve those speeds.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Teryx
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 119
Jordon, I'm not sure but if you do it, you will have to expect some difficulties, and spend time working around them. One is dieseling. That is why heavy pellets don't work well. They raise the pressure to the point of detonation. If you otherwise raise the pressure you will have to deal with the same detonation. If uncontrolled it will ruin whatever accuracy you might have, and destroy your gun. If you have a plastic barrel like my Gamo, you won't be able to raise the cocking effort much or you will run the risk of bending the barrel. I have also heard of solid steel barrels developing curvature on guns with high cocking effort. I suppose you could cut the barrel short and use a piece of pipe to cock it.

We all like to tinker, but some things just weren't meant to be. These are some of the reasons why no one else has done what you propose. I wish you luck and if you do build a 1250 fps tack driver lets us know!

Teryx
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Jordan4 wrote:
Ok I understand your guys input but if I wanted to politely reject your replies and want to know how to increased the speed of my gun could somebody tell me nevermind that you correctley think its a bad idea however I still want to do it any advice please thankyou.


Ok..To get yer gun to 1250fps or better with heavy pellets..
I don't know of any after markets componts that will give you what
you are after.....Do some measureing and fined the biggest spring that will fit a new seal / a debur and good lube..and hope.

no one seems make the bits you require for the reasions mentioned.

really its going to be a tryal and error project
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Jordan4
New Member
New Member
Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 8
Anyone know were i can get springs of this nature?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Jordan4 wrote:
Anyone know were i can get springs of this nature?


Try here.... J Maccari
www.airguns.citymax.com

Or you could put pre load spacers "washers" on yer spring till its coil bound when its cocked "adding more preload"
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
If you want 15+gr pellets moving 1250fps you need a condor or a bigbore with a small barrel.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Amigo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Posts: 263
Location: U.S. MidWest
Jordan:

In your several posts you have never mentioned owning a spring compressor or chronograph, both necessary items to initiate this project and document the results.

Safety First Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message
Increasing Power, and velocity on Gamo bigcat 1200. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.