Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Crossman Phantom, Tac-1 or Quest & a Caliper Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Crossman Phantom, Tac-1 or Quest & a Caliper 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Got another one...

Anybody have a crossman phantom and a caliper set?

I am betting that it is the same as a Quest and a .625" will fit... I just want to make sure...

I need the OD of the barrel at the muzzle... It is not on my list...

Thank you,
Joe


Last edited by yourdaddyjoe on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Same barrel as the Quest/Tac-1

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
AirGunEric wrote:
Same barrel as the Quest/Tac-1


If it is the same as a Tac-1....I have a Remington Genesis
that is a Tac-1 ....the barrels OD is 15mm but it most lightly steps down where the front site mounts..never had it of to be shore.

Can remove it and run a mic over it if yer want
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Remington Genesis is not the same platform, The Remington Summit is the same as the Quest/Phantom/Tac-1.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
The Quest may be the one on my list that is 15mm so I included a shim with it... I don't remember... You know... CRS moment...

I recently added some 15mm ID brakes to ebay but have not posted them on my site yet...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
AirGunEric wrote:
Remington Genesis is not the same platform, The Remington Summit is the same as the Quest/Phantom/Tac-1.


OKI DOKI....Eric...Maybe I meat Tac 77 then stuffed if I know

Joe....It measures 14.79 with a mic
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Thank you again Kanyon... You da man with the guns and the calipers!

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I tried asking in the pistol forum. What's the o.d. of a 22xx/2300? And do these have enough meat to thread with a die?

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Jaxom wrote:
I tried asking in the pistol forum. What's the o.d. of a 22xx/2300? And do these have enough meat to thread with a die?


7/16" and no... Threaded adapters are on the production board in 1/2"-28 (AR-15) and 14mm reverse (AK47)...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
Can I start swearing now? I have this idea for an adjustable break that I wanted to make. Now what do I do??? Oh well...back to the drawing board!

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
You could thread it... just not the typical sizes....

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
22XX / 13XX barrels are 7/16" minus a whisker (they fit nicely in a 7/16" hole.... If you squared the end off, you could thread them 7/16" NC or NF....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Heres a idea for a uni fitting brake....
put a BSPT-tappered thread in it then make a treaded tappered OD bush with a straight bore that is split so it can compress....Put the sleave on the barrel and screw the brake on till it compresses and is tight. Exclamation Question Shocked

OK OK it seemed like a good idea before I wrote it down
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
rsterne,

What do you mean by "squaring off"?

Bear with me with doing this machine type work. I've never used a tap or die before. I know the die threads a rod, a tap threads a hole and you need the right sized drill bit in order for there to be something to tap to make threads.

As of right now buying a whole tap and die set is completely out of the question. I do howver have a store near me that sells both made in china stuff simlar to like harbor frieght does, but they also sell higher end stuff as well. So when I get down there I'm gonna need to know what to ask them for. Even before I do, I need to know what I'm looking for.

I inherited a bunch of machine type tools from my grand father. Mostly taps, a few dies and few metal working tools. As I understand it, fine threads hole better then corse does. So I'm gonna need a tap/die for 7/16ths UF. But what thread per inch rating is best suggested?

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
Jaxom wrote:
rsterne,

What do you mean by "squaring off"?

Bear with me with doing this machine type work. I've never used a tap or die before. I know the die threads a rod, a tap threads a hole and you need the right sized drill bit in order for there to be something to tap to make threads.

As of right now buying a whole tap and die set is completely out of the question. I do howver have a store near me that sells both made in china stuff simlar to like harbor frieght does, but they also sell higher end stuff as well. So when I get down there I'm gonna need to know what to ask them for. Even before I do, I need to know what I'm looking for.

I inherited a bunch of machine type tools from my grand father. Mostly taps, a few dies and few metal working tools. As I understand it, fine threads hole better then corse does. So I'm gonna need a tap/die for 7/16ths UF. But what thread per inch rating is best suggested?


The tread rate is pre set
Off hand I don't recall threads per inch....I use Metric mostly
UNF is fine
UNC corser
Whitworth is the same as UNC...apart from 1/2" where there is 1 tread per inch diffrents..... Whitworth has 12 & UNC 13 treads per inch
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Crossman Phantom, Tac-1 or Quest & a Caliper 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.