Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » 2250 sort of arrived today Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
2250 sort of arrived today 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

So my 2250 arrived today. However, it required a person's signature of 21 or older. Seeing as how they choose the WORST possible time to come (in the middle of the day), then nobody was here to sign for it. Don't know why they don't try to schedule signature requiring packages for later in the day when people are home, but...

Fortunately, my roommate' s dad was actually here all day, although apparently too lazy or stupid to answer the door when UPS showed up, so they just left the invoice saying they tried to deliver but no luck.

They have delivered packages before that required 18 and older sigs without anyone signing for them. They just leave it at the door step. But the worst part is, I thought they'd like tell you to come down to the local UPS store or something to pick it up. But nope. They apparently continue with this nonsense saying that they will try again tomorrow at the same time (when people are STILL not home here!) I'm wonder how long this is supposed to go on before I can just get the sh!t I ordered.???

Sooooooooo frustrating, as most of my new airguns turn out to be for me.

However, I'm thinking about leaving a "Dear dipshit" letter on the front door for Mr. UPS man tomorrow. Something to the effect of,

"Dear Dipshit,

Do you know why you are not at home right now? Because you are at work! Just like me. Hence, you TOO wouldn't be able to sign for things if some idiot like yourself was knocking on your door right now when you aren't home. Do you want to read this same letter again tomorrow, or do you think you could possibly just leave my package on the doorstep?"


Last edited by Rogerflat on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Arggghhh.... I just checked the UPS site. It said they attempted to deliver it about 15 minutes before I showed up. I hate it when other people's bad timing screws me!


Btw, I recall buy a 22 cal AIR pistol. It's not like they're sending a desert eagle to my front door. Last time I checked you only had to be 18 to buy one. Not sure what all of this 21 or older bullcrap is about. Did they like put a shot of Patron in with it or something? What exactly am I to be carded for? Rolling Eyes

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
i'm lucky roger, my ups guy knows what he's leaving and just leaves the gun Laughing .

waiting sucks. reminds you of being a kid!

but i want i know damn it!!!

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote
jonathan
Member
Member
Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 75
Location: Saint John NB
ZDont leave a nasty note........it will only make matters worse. They have a contact# on their site. Make sure you ask to speak to a supervisor and explain you are not home during the day and will pick it up at their depot.

They cannot refuse.....remember, they are being paid to deliver this parcel to you. Just be very polite, it will get you further.

_________________
Custom Bulked QB78,Webley Nemesis,Crosman 1100 Trapmaster,Sheridan Model C9,Dianna 24
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I agree. Don't leave a nasty note. I know it's frustrating and all. But it can make things worse...Like your package being "lost" for a month or three.

That 21 or oder might be a deal made by or with the company you bought it from orginally. When I ordered my 2300, you actually have to agree that there will be someone 21 or older at the time delivery will be made. So many states have changed their rules on what is a gun what requires what for licensing, the ag store you bought from is just legally trying to cover their tush. Can't say that I blame them.

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
It was a 2240 btw. And guess what? I got worked up over nothing. The UPS guy came back at like 5:30. So I got my package.

However...I had ordered a chrony along with the gun, but no chrony. Turns out they put it in a separate package that won't be here for a week! Well, I ordered them at the same time, so I guess they must not keep chronies in their inventory or something. Who knows.

At least I got the 2240 and can start working with it.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Hey Roger... you are one of the cool kids now...

All the cool kids have at least one 2240 or 2250...

Now what cha going to do to it?

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Dude Joe, I'm trying to get my trigger in order so I can actually squeeze off some steady and consistent shots. Just going to keep it simple for now. Maybe put some camo paint on it or something.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
UPS tried to deliver my IZH when nobody was home (in the middle of the day of course). I just called UPS and explained this to them and they called back and told me where I could meet the driver to pick up my package.

Give em a call next time.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuy
Member
Member
Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 68
Location: nor cal
Rogerflat wrote:
It was a 2240 btw. And guess what? I got worked up over nothing. The UPS guy came back at like 5:30. So I got my package.

However...I had ordered a chrony along with the gun, but no chrony. Turns out they put it in a separate package that won't be here for a week! Well, I ordered them at the same time, so I guess they must not keep chronies in their inventory or something. Who knows.

At least I got the 2240 and can start working with it.
Well what ever you do ......dont do something silly like this Rolling Eyes

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
yourdaddyjoe wrote:
Hey Roger... you are one of the cool kids now...

All the cool kids have at least one 2240 or 2250...

Now what cha going to do to it?




you mean i'm not cool????? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Your cool sniper. We're not saying your uncool for not having a 2240. However, it be a lot cooler if you did have one.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Roger,

You will want to do a trigger tune...

Polish up the contact points on the trigger, sear and cut one coil off the sear spring. Use a little synthectic grease on the pivit points and where the trigger contacts the sear..

This will reduce trigger pull and make it much smother.

If you have an excessive side to side play in the trigger... PM me... I have a solution for that too...

I have a batch of trigger shoes that I need to finsih for them...

Snipe!, Dude you are cool... But to be in the cool kids club... go get a 22xx...

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Roger, you are now a MAN.

And Snipey, you got a Slavia 630, in Czech that's the same thing as owning a Crosman anywhere else in the world, so you could state you're a MAN too. Wink

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Yea Broom...

Snipe is in the States, You know... California...

So he needs a Crosman 22xx to be in the "22xx Cool Kids Club"...

Broom, you got at least one...

Come on Snipe... Pull the trigger... the 2240 is only $50 bucks to get started...

Come on... Piss a Libby off, buy a gun...

Eric, Ron, Mike, Michael, Ken, RJ, RB, me and allot of other guys are more than willing to help you make it into what ever you can dream up for it...

Can you feel the peer pressure yet? Mr. Green

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
2250 sort of arrived today 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.