Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 75 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 75 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Target to download and print: Week 75; Mar 1 > Mar 8/2009



1)Print to full-size on an A4 or 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.
2) Shooting distance is 5m/16.4ft for pistols.
3) Shooting distance is 10m/32.8ft for rifles.
3a) The rules for shooting 5m or 10 m are that the distance from the target to the firing line should be 10m for rifle and 5m for pistol.
All shots, from whatever shooting position must be made with the competitor wholly behind the firing line but able to touch it.
Basically the shooter should be behind the line but the part of the gun not being held by the shooter can protrude past the line.
4) All targets to be shot standing
5) Any sighting device may be used.
6) NO rests or steadying aids are allowed.
7) 22 shots total, 2 per target maximum. Up to 5 sighting/practice shots not on the clock using the Green
8) 15 minutes total time (take whatever amount of time for each shot you like, but at 15 minutes-stop!).
9) Scoring is 10 for Red, 3 for Blue, 6 for Yellow, none for White. Only two hits per target count. Maximum point count is 220.
10) Entries need to be scanned or photographed and posted. Please list gun, pellet, sighting device and total time expended.
11) You can enter using both a pistol and a rifle as separate entries, only one entry for each, but all rules must be followed.
12) Score your own target. Winner and Runner-Up will be verified by board officials.
13) An honourable contest for sport- to lie or cheat, is the only real loser. Please keep it above-board!
14) Each competition runs from Monday to Sunday. Your entry must be posted in the forum no later than 23:00 GMT Sunday.
15) These rules are for this week's shooting competition and may change for others


Al


Last edited by Alstone on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
koz
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Nottinghamshire
Nice target Alstone like this one it’s different and the way you have done the scoring is well sheer genius.

Didn’t post my target last week coz I felt I infringed the rules by standing directly on the line and my gun possibly being further forward than the other competitors.

but i am going to enter this week with pistol and rifle

Just like to welcome Ampage to the competition

BFN Koz
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
koz wrote:
Nice target Alstone like this one it’s different and the way

Just like to welcome Ampage to the competition

BFN Koz


Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be shooting this weeks target in the next couple days.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Ok I'll go first!

Date 3-3-09
Time taken 7 minutes
gun Rohm Twinmaster .177
Pellets Bisley pratice .177
Sight Walther Red Dot

Score 89/220



Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Brutuz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 504
I'll give it a try Saturdaymorning Cool

_________________

Crosman [1300 1322 1377 1377c 1389 2289G Mark II SSP250 2300KT 2400KT ]
Sheridan [HB20]
Haenel [III 284]
SMK [XS78 Deluxish]
My vids on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Ill go next.

Nice having a target that rewards you for inaccuracy!

Anyway:
Date:3/3/09 2:35 PM
Time Taken: 8:15
IZH-46M Pistol
Gamo Match
Open Sights
Two Handed
85/220




See ya next week.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
Edited to add scan and a note on my score... I'll stick with the original since I was dumb enough to post it.

That target is evil. I literally couldn't see the yellow as a circle, just a different shade, even through the scope. Seems that no matter where I aimed the blue circle jumped right in front of the gun. My best group was on the sight in dot, 3/5 touching and 1 huge miss. Using my scrap color paper may have hurt me on this one.

BTW - evil is okay by me.... I'm going to practice bulls on this one. Great 'distraction' effect. (still like shooting at dark solid bulls, of any size, better though Smile )

Time: 9:50
gun: Crosman 2300S
Pellet: Beeman Coated HP.177 (the REALLY cheap ones - I have a lot left, hate them, but I'm also too cheap to toss them)
Sight: BSA 2-7x30 Scope (at 2.5x)

Score 91/220 (original as posted and remains my entry, but is incorrect)
Actual Score 98/220 (as seen on target, shame on me for posting without it in front of me)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Brutuz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 504
Brutuz wrote:
I'll give it a try Saturdaymorning Cool


I'm out of office this weekend so I gave it a try tonight...



Crosman SSP-250
open sights
Crosman Destroyer .177
date/time 05-03-2009 @ 21:15 hrs
time taken 04:11
score 87/220

_________________

Crosman [1300 1322 1377 1377c 1389 2289G Mark II SSP250 2300KT 2400KT ]
Sheridan [HB20]
Haenel [III 284]
SMK [XS78 Deluxish]
My vids on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
[quote="Bean"]

Score 91/220 (original as posted and remains my entry, but is incorrect)
Actual Score 98/220 (as seen on target, shame on me for posting without it in front of me)
]/quote]

Not a problem Bean Just because you can't add up, we'll call it 98/220. Laughing

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Ampage wrote:
Ill go next.

Nice having a target that rewards you for inaccuracy!

Anyway:
Date:3/3/09 2:35 PM
Time Taken: 8:15
IZH-46M Pistol
Gamo Match
Open Sights
Two Handed
85/220




See ya next week.



Ampage the second target down on the left I would call a ten, but the bottom target on the right it's a tear that crossed the line not the pellet,
so your score stays the same.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Brutuz wrote:
Brutuz wrote:
I'll give it a try Saturdaymorning Cool


I'm out of office this weekend so I gave it a try tonight...



Crosman SSP-250
open sights
Crosman Destroyer .177
date/time 05-03-2009 @ 21:15 hrs
time taken 04:11
score 87/220


Brutuz the second target down on the left I would call a ten, the hole is off the line but the pellet ring cuts across it.

So you score is 97/220

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Quote:


Ampage the second target down on the left I would call a ten, but the bottom target on the right it's a tear that crossed the line not the pellet,
so your score stays the same.

Al


Noted, any recommendations for paper stock to cut down on tearing? I'm just using plain copy paper. I just got a stack of Edelmann targets, man those cut nice.

Also for scoring, when does a hit count? Does the hole just need to touch the ring in order to count or does it have to take out a piece of the ring?

Thanks!


Last edited by Ampage on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
Alstone wrote:
[ Just because you can't add up, we'll call it 98/220. Laughing Al


Embarassed You'd never know I was an accountant....
Still a random score. Except for a couple of attempts at the red, I shot for yellow thinking I could play it safe with a high 'bullseye' count. That blue line just kept calling me to it (except for the ones I really missed that hit red). Just an evil target Laughing
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Ampage wrote:
Quote:


Ampage the second target down on the left I would call a ten, but the bottom target on the right it's a tear that crossed the line not the pellet,
so your score stays the same.

Al


Noted, any recommendations for paper stock to cut down on tearing? I'm just using plain copy paper. I just got a stack of Edelmann targets, man those cut nice.

Also for scoring, when does a hit count? Does the hole just need to touch the ring in order to count or does it have to take out a piece of the ring?

Thanks!


As long as it touches the edge and you can see it touches then it counts, as for paper I use copy paper but try to make sure it is very dry, also I use a card backing which helps to keep a nice hole, plus the higher velocity the better.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:49 am Reply with quote
koz
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Nottinghamshire
Quote:
also I use a card backing which helps to keep a nice hole, plus the higher velocity the better.


I had the same question in my head when I first started Ampage and I agree with Alstone you do need to have some form of backing support when using standard 80g printing paper.

I find (and this may be different for others) that if I am using a rifle. CARDBORED is better
If am using pistol then a dense polystyrene seems to help, but this may be down to the actual angle I am shooting at for which one works better then the other.
I.e. my targets are at a constant height, (around 4 ½ feet) and at a fixed angle (virtually a perfect bubble at 90 degree) and as I am 6ft tall, if am shooting at 10m with a Rifle then at 5m with a pistol, then the angle will be Greater shooting a pistol.

Some may say this is a load of rubbish, but I think it’s a factor that needs to be considered.

I have tried different densities and types of paper to address the issues. Although there was some improvement, regarding the density of the paper, it proved to be too costly. (It’s also a question on if your printer can handle it)

But no matter what you use as a backing to support your target, there is always going to be a very thin gap behind the target and that is down to the nature of the paper, of which will move, so some tearing is inevitable. (Just remember what ever you use as a background, you need to consider ricocheting)

BFN Koz (oh good shooting everyone)
View user's profile Send private message
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 75 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.