Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 74 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 74 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
1) Target to download and print: Week 74; Feb 23 > Mar 1/2009



Print to full-size on an A4 or 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.
2) Shooting distance is 5m/16.4ft for pistols.
3) Shooting distance is 10m/32.8ft for rifles.
4) All targets to be shot standing
5) Any sighting device may be used.
6) NO rests or steadying aids are allowed.
7) 22 shots total, 2 per target maximum. Up to 5 sighting/practice shots not on the clock using the Green
8) 15 minutes total time (take whatever amount of time for each shot you like, but at 15 minutes-stop!).
9) Scoring is 10 for red, 9 for inner white, 8 for outer White , Only two hits per target counts. Maximum point count is 220.
10) Entries need to be scanned or photographed and posted. Please list gun, pellet, sighting device and total time expended.
11) You can enter using both a pistol and a rifle as separate entries, only one entry for each, but all rules must be followed.
12) Score your own target. Winner and Runner-Up will be verified by board officials.
13) An honourable contest for sport- to lie or cheat, is the only real loser. Please keep it above-board!
14) Each competition runs from Monday to Sunday. Your entry must be posted in the forum no later than 23:00 GMT Sunday.
15) These rules are for this week's shooting competition and may change for others


Al


Last edited by Alstone on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
That's gonna make for some close scores.

Everybody shoot!!!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
koz
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Nottinghamshire
Well AirGunEric
Am stood with my feet at 5 meters and with a basic stance I don’t know how I am doing it just that I am and at the end of the day all I do is line the sights up breath out and squeeze the trigger the pellet lands where it lands. I take about a 20 seconds break a shoot to relax myself afterwards to regulate my breathing and don’t fire until I am sure.
I am also hitting a washer at 5 m around the same size as a pound coin lay flat on a solid surface.
Maybe it’s that I just have a steady hand after 20 years of photography I don’t know.
If you can figure it out please let me know.

Am sorry but in my opinion the question should have been posted in my private mail not for everyone to see. As now it’s going to grow suspicions and doubt
this is why I have withdrawn my entry for this week.

when someone says (DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT)
what they should have put was (am questioning your honesty and Intelligence but am going to ask a question your not going to like)

As for the accurracy of the gun i brought it on the review at http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5034.html and the gun was given a alround score of 9 out of 10. so the gun cant be that bad. i have also been informed by a reputable sorce that the new beretta's have been balanced better than previous versions.

I will not be posting any more targets
sorry
Alstone I was enjoying the competition and I hope you get more members taking part.


BFN koz


Last edited by koz on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Brutuz
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 504
Impressive shooting Koz Cool

Here's mine:



Crosman 1377c
open sights
Gamo lead balls .177
date/time 23-02-2009 @ 21:30 hrs
time taken 09:08
score 205/220

_________________

Crosman [1300 1322 1377 1377c 1389 2289G Mark II SSP250 2300KT 2400KT ]
Sheridan [HB20]
Haenel [III 284]
SMK [XS78 Deluxish]
My vids on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote
koz
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Nottinghamshire
you did pretty mean shooting yourself brutuz Cool i thing Bean was right when he said the scoring is going to be close this week
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Don't take this the wrong way, Koz- but how are you shooting targets like that with a Beretta 92FS, which is not exactly known for it's "precision" or "accuracy"? You are shooting the targets at 16' right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Target74 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote
oatring
Member
Member
Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Standard Targets!! Someone must like me!
Okay, print out the target, mount it in the target holder, go back to position and blink eyes... EyesWideOpen
Reach up, twist the front aperture to just about the smallest setting and had a go. Must have been okay after all because I just cranked on this target. Laughing

PS what's going on with koz's target? I didn't see the original post, just the edit after he took it down. Let's keep it fun. That's why I shoot these, it's a break from the boring 10m practice. Mr. Green

Walther LG300XT 10m peep standing
13:45 or so, (didn't stop the timer right away)
Match Diablos

220/220
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
koz wrote:
Well AirGunEric
Am stood with my feet at 5 meters and with a basic stance I don’t know how I am doing it just that I am and at the end of the day all I do is line the sights up breath out and squeeze the trigger the pellet lands where it lands. I take about a 20 seconds break a shoot to relax myself afterwards to regulate my breathing and don’t fire until I am sure.
I am also hitting a washer at 5 m around the same size as a pound coin lay flat on a solid surface.
Maybe it’s that I just have a steady hand after 20 years of photography I don’t know.
If you can figure it out please let me know.

Am sorry but in my opinion the question should have been posted in my private mail not for everyone to see. As now it’s going to grow suspicions and doubt
this is why I have withdrawn my entry for this week.

when someone says (DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT)
what they should have put was (am questioning your honesty and Intelligence but am going to ask a question your not going to like)

As for the accurracy of the gun i brought it on the review at http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5034.html and the gun was given a alround score of 9 out of 10. so the gun cant be that bad. i have also been informed by a reputable sorce that the new beretta's have been balanced better than previous versions.

I will not be posting any more targets
sorry
Alstone I was enjoying the competition and I hope you get more members taking part.


BFN koz




Didn't see your response until oatring pointed it out. Need to post a new one at the bottom.

In any event, I'm sorry you feel that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
koz wrote:

Am sorry but in my opinion the question should have been posted in my private mail not for everyone to see. As now it’s going to grow suspicions and doubt
this is why I have withdrawn my entry for this week.


I will not be posting any more targets
sorry
Alstone I was enjoying the competition and I hope you get more members taking part.


BFN koz


Koz no accusations were intended by Eric’s post which we did consult about. It’s just that occasionally someone is shooting good targets and not following the rules exactly, we have had in the past one guy sitting on top of his fridge to make 5m’s, forgetting that he was sitting, another would sit on the floor as in field target, these are all honest mistakes, but we do monitor the shoot pattern’s week to week and if something looks out of the normal we need to query it, and this is done in an open post because other people notice things as well and it puts there minds at rest that every thing is ok.

Sorry that you feel as you do but if you want to enter the target shooting at some time in the future please do.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:56 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
A bit cold this week for Co2 outside the gun was getting very cold towards the end.

Date 27-02-2009
Time taken 11 minutes
gun Rohm twin master
Sight Walther red dot
Pellet Bisley practice .177

Score 200/220



Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
I struggled this week. I blame changing out the scope Rolling Eyes . But seriously this one is noticably heavier and I need to relearn the gun. I shot a 206/220 after spending DAYS shooting at print outs of targets from recent weeks to zero the scope and try to relearn the gun. Not complaining about the 206, a few months ago I wouldn't have close to that but after the past couple of weeks....

Computer also crashed and burned. As soon as I get a new hard drive installed tomorrow and restore things I'll post my scan here.

post deadline edit...
Sorry, for the late pic post but I knew I was out of the running and it slipped my mind...


Last edited by Bean on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote
koz
Member
Member
Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Nottinghamshire
Ok Alstone I except your reasons for putting it in an open post and understand why this was so. I am sorry if I miss read what was being said, but it would have been easier to accept if it had been explained in the first place and not put so directly don’t you agree
For example
In my line of work I have had what I call alternate thinking training I have to try and understand and see things in a different light. In this training the core structure is based around what is said and how we interpret this. One thing they said was that the line, DON’T TAKE THIS WRONG BUT is an indication of miss trust. But can be changed in a way that any situation is explained these words can be transferred into a positive tense. I didn’t see this change and am sorry for what was obviously a miss interpretation

I also feel that my skills as a shooter come into question on the reputation of a gun. Haven’t we all said in the past that we have to adjust ourselves to the gun not the other way around?

If I may I would like to repost my target even though I have not won because I have seen Oatring’s amazing score
Some serious shooting there Oatring

My score was 218 Oatring

I await your reply and will respect your decision

BFN Koz
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
No problem you can repost your target Koz.

One thing you must think about before jumping to conclusions is that with this being an International forum, you get people from around the world posting and although they speak English they use it according to there own culture, If Eric had not prefaced his question with “ Don’t take this wrong” it would have been an accusation and this is what he did not want to do.

In your post you say that your feet were on the 5m line

The rules for shooting 5m or 10 m are that the distance from the target to the firing line should be 10m for rifle and 5m for pistol.
All shots, from whatever shooting position must be made with the competitor wholly behind the firing line but able to touch it.

In other words only the part of the pistol or rifle not being held can poke past the firing line.

I admit that this rule is buried in the target shooting forum somewhere, so I will include it in the main rules.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Ampage
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Hi Airgunhome!
Watching the shooting events at the olympics perked my interest in shooting sports. Stumbled upon this web page and decided I needed to get involved! been lurking for a few months, and could think of nothing better to use my tax refund on than my own airgun. It arrived yesterday, put about 20 shots through it, and today I printed this weeks target and took my next 27 shots.

A couple of 0 targets, but had one for 20 so not a bad first week for me. Looking forward to improving and shooting many more weeks.

IZH-46M pistol
open sights
Gamo Match
2/28/09
2:30PM
time taken 8:43
134/220



(edited for image size)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Bean
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Location: Bel Air MD
ampage, I'd say that's pretty darn good for a total of 47 shots with you airgun!
View user's profile Send private message
AirGunHome Shooting Competition Week 74 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.