Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » Other hobbies and/or interests. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Eagles 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
Broommaster: "That's one of the things that I didn't add to the list yet. Wink But thanks for mentioning it, because it's one of those bands I tend to forget a bit about. Mr. Green"

I got The Eagles - "Farewell Tour Live from Melbourne" on DVD & CD... No you can't have a copy... Ha, ha, ha... The CD is not available in stores or iTunes... One of their best live performances...

That is the fun of being an Audio/Video Editor... One of my other Hobbies.... MusicMan

www.burningracks.net

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
You sure like to show your music taste off Broom lol Don't forget Maiden!

Other than Airguns I'm also into

Mountain biking
Kayaking
IT
Online gaming (BF2, COD4)
I play Guitar, Bass guitar, Percussion lol
TIG welding
Poi (no not Point Of Impact lol)

As for music I'll go by genre as I could fill the page with bands lol:
Alternative
Classical
Grunge/Post
Jazz
Metal/Black/Celtic/Death/Doom/Gothic/Industrial/Nu/Thrash/Power/Viking
New Wave/Neue Deutsche Welle/Neue Deutsche Harte/NWOBHM
Punk/Anarcho/Crust/Proto/Ska/Skate
Reggae
Rock/& Roll/Experimental/Indie/Noise/Progressive
Underground

That's about it really lol


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
You guys have time for hobbies?!? B@stards! Wink The last while I've had no time to fart- I run a small restaurant, sell a few odds and ends here and there and spend the rest of my time trying to get in some sleep. In days gone by my hobbies included repairing/restoring cars, but lately I've just been accumulating parts to be installed later it seems.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
23ib0d0n
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 757
AirGunEric wrote:
You guys have time for hobbies?!? B@stards! Wink The last while I've had no time to fart- I run a small restaurant, sell a few odds and ends here and there and spend the rest of my time trying to get in some sleep. In days gone by my hobbies included repairing/restoring cars, but lately I've just been accumulating parts to be installed later it seems.

You sleep? Shocked Must be nice . . . Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:11 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I have other hobbies other than airguns, I like music pre 1960 "Rock & Roll", model engineering including, trains, traction engines, boats and now helicopters but the buggers keep crashing. Laughing

Also shortwave radio, and F1 Racing (I just watch). You think that when you retire you will have all the time in the world to persue your hobbies but it's not true, you just get more hobbies. Mr. Green








_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
What is a traction engine?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traction_engine

That's a cool hobby by the way Al. I used to do WW2 miniatures. I'll post some here:








_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
cw wrote:
What is a traction engine?


A steam tractor or road locomotive, see second photo down.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Nice paint jobs there Anton, Thumb Up! in the third photo what is the aircraft to the right of the bowser?

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
It's a Dutch B-25 Mitchell. My country got a few of them after WW2. The picture was taken two weeks ago at an Airshow. They also promised us the last flying Lancaster, but it had to go home earlyer because of the bad weather. Still, it was a great day.

There was a P-51 too, and 2 interesting Stunt teams.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
The Lanc, spitfires/ Hurricans are based at Coningsby just up the road from where I live, they pass over my house regularly, so do a lot of the Dutch Air Force. Also I think there is still a Lancaster flying in Canada, or at least there was a while back.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
My hobbies lean toward reading, miniture building and a few other things. BUT, I have several Fluke meters gathering dust in their carrying case (I can't anything like the money I have in them so, I still have them). They weren't for my hobbies. Till I was side lined by disability I was a commerical refrigeration tech. Used the meters daily.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
For the last 20 years my model making has been to fuel the fantasies of my children.

I built the house; the furniture is commercial.

My (then) first grade son came to me on a Friday and declared that he must have a model of the Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria for show-and-tell on Monday. I'm not sure the paint was even dry for its maiden voyage. The request for "wepins" (his spelling) came later. It saw heavy seas under the command of its six year-old captain, as evidenced by the marine grade cellophane tape on the main yard.

The tank is a veteran of numerous assaults on wooden block fortresses (cedar blocks made for me by my father).

The sloop, battleship, and carrier are all based on the same hull with interchangeable parts.









_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
Very impressive! But I don't think that the building inspector is
going to pass your spiral staircase at that angle.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
Hey Thepaldin,

Can you post any photos of your Flukes?
View user's profile Send private message
Other hobbies and/or interests. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 10  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.