Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Hand Pump Filter
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Hand Pump Filter 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I usually pump in very dusty conditions so
I added a foam air filter to the intake on my
hand pump.

I know that it isn't pretty, but it is very effective
and doesn't void the warranty. After 3-4 fills it gets
really dirty.

I lightly rub in some silicone diver's grease on it's
surface to better trap airborn particles




CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
That's smart CW. Now that I see you have an airforce hand pump I am really pissed off. In true form, when I orderd my Talon and pump, they emailed me back and said "air force pumps are on back order, but we can give you a comparable Benjamin pump instead." I agreed because I just was hoping to get it by this weekend, but its not coming until monday anyway. I just hope the pump they give me is adequate.

The one thing I'm good at is rigging homemade stuff like that, so I can probably come up a good filter. I was thinking about taking a standard white surgical breathing mask, cutting it to the right shape and putting that over the foam or putting it directly over the vent. I think you'd be better off using something that's already meant for filtering small particulate matter rather than devising your own filter.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
If it's getting dirty that often I'd say you were smart to put it on. As for cosmetics - if it works, then it's beautiful.

Very similar to a lawnmower filter, where you put a few drops of oil on and squish it to distribute the oil throughout the cells.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I got the idea from my 500CR Honda motocross bike
(great big bore desert bike if you can hang on to it).
It has an oiled foam filter in a still airbox. Very effective
in a dusty environment. It has to be, as two strokes are
very dust and grit sensitive and any particles entering the
engine could be very expensive.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
Roger, have you checked out the photo of the Benjamin pump
at Pyramyd compared to the photo of the Airforce pump?
They look to be identical. I wonder what the country of origin
for the Benjamin pump is.
View user's profile Send private message
Hand Pump Filter 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.