Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » Scammers !!!!!!! Thieves!!!!!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Scammers !!!!!!! Thieves!!!!! 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote
pa007gs
New Member
New Member
Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 8
If you go to the TAG forum you will find out who is Stealing money from people on these sites, also check the BOI at the Yellow, it might save you some money
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I looked into the areas you mentioned, and other than two or three unhappy people I'm not sure what, if anything, has been proven in the bigger picture.

By tracking backend information only I and Moderators here can see, the issue with Joe Brontrager seems strange- as in the MO apparently sent went 200 miles away from where the person it was sent to actually works/lives- and that transaction seems to have gone nowhere with claims and counterclaims not fully addressed.

The issue with pellets basically says nothing specific about the issue other than someone feels they are owed something.

And the scope issue appears [superficially at least] straightforward- no money sent, no scope sent and it got sold elsewhere. There may be something else to this issue, but it wasn't posted.

Yes, perhaps there may be a pattern here with the dissatisfaction two people (the J. Brontrager issue seems a bit full of holes that haven't been addressed, and may not be the same person anyways- so I am not counting this as an example) have had. I don't personally know what the issues are/are not and the comments I looked at were not very specific as to what occurred.

All that being said, any seller trying to deal with people sometimes has to take a bit of a 'hit'- the odds are generally against the seller. By this I mean, one seller and 50 buyers of their different wares- at least a couple of transactions are going to fall off the rails somewhere. Sometimes, a seller just has to suck it up, minimize the hit and live with it, or risk becoming known as "arrogant" or less-than-honest, for merely trying to argue their (quite possibly completely legitimate) side of the story.

Nobody likes to get burned, or feel they've been burned- but it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point.

My suggestions are simple for any buyer/seller of any product: research the other party in as much as can be done. And, sellers be prepared to find a difficult person to please as a customer every so often and learn that this is going to occur selling anything after awhile- adjust to it, don't let it get the better of you, try to satisfy the buyer as best as possible, and move on. The buyers basically control the feedback loop at the end of the day.

Other than that, I don't want to have some sort of back-forth issue going on here between people from events generated elsewhere. I personally haven't got the time to even think of implementing a "break a deal, face the wheel" policy here for transactions that originated elsewhere.

Everyone, do your research and make your best efforts in any deal, and hopefully nothing goes flakey.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TAG forum 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Tailgunner
New Member
New Member
Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 5
I just know that I'm going to regret this Embarassed but.........what's the TAG forum?

Thanks - Gus Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The 'TAG' is another of the yellow-forum add-ons where someone comes up with a decent idea, puts all the effort into it, and another guy collects all the advertising revenue and credit for it.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Scammers !!!!!!! Thieves!!!!! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.