Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » BAM B262 Update: Finished Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
BAM B262 Update: Finished 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
The BAM B26 that I ordered on the third
arrived today.


Last edited by cw on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
How's the wood on it? That cheekpiece does look obscenely high.

I think I see your airgun secret powerplant in the background- that can of tire sealant. Razz

Sounds like you may have gotten one that was slightly better lubed than most of the BAM products. I've decided after fiddling with a few Chinese products that the goo found in many/most Chinese springers isn't lube at all- but more a corrosion inhibitor.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Looks pretty good. Less ruggish then my Slavia.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
The wood on


CW


Last edited by cw on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Why don't you make an adjustable cheesepeak? Mr. Green That's pretty easy, I recon you got enough cheekpiece there to make two.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
That's next Broommaster, as soon as I acquire some
7000 seies aluminum plate. And you are right, they are
easy to make. Just hog out the general shape, carve out
the adjustment slot. Fabricate a sliding nut to engage the
adjustment slot, finish and you're done.


CW


Last edited by cw on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
How's the trigger? 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
cliffspot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 132
Location: Miami via Hawaii
On my B26, the pull was light and pretty smooth. But I couldn't feel the second stage. I sent it to Rich and it came back SWEET!

_________________
There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771


Last edited by cw on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
BAM XS-B26-2 Cheekpiece adjusted to sight plane. 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
I became tired of trying to shoot this gun with
the too high OEM cheekpice so I decided to do
something about it. The photos are pretty much self
explanatory.











I coated/soaked in some thinned matt finish.



I don't know what kind of wood it is fabricated from, but
I have never come across it before. When I first stripped off the
finish I thought that someone had pieced it together. But it is all
one piece.

When I cut it, it made the whole shop smell like burning machine
oil and was very difficult to cut. It reminded me of cutting rubber
with a saw.


A complete buffing with 0000 steel wool and I have a nice flat finish.
This gun has turned out to be a real nice shooter to be added to my
pest control arsenal. I can only turn the Condor down to 25 fpe.
So at 16 fpe this one works out great.









It's hard to see in the photos, but it has red, pink, green and blue hues
running through it and elongated black dots.

Does anyone have an idea as to what kind of wood this is?


CW


Last edited by cw on Fri May 02, 2008 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Nice job!

As for the wood- we all just call it "Chinese Mystery Wood"- that particular stock/wood seems to be the same stuff BAM uses when making the Crosman Quest. Believe it or not, that's the "good stuff"- the wood on the B2's is even worse.

It appear to have the consistency of driftwood, and is usually soaked in some sort of oil, perhaps to give it some sort of density. Looking into China's native tree population, it seems they have alot of dogwood, poplar and cottonwood- so it's likely one of them. The cottonwood trees apparently get fairly large- so I'm thinking that may be the one- but I don't know anything else about cottonwood to judge at this point.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nice Job indeed. I'd be picking one of those up if they were available here.

Someone might want to send it to me. Wink

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
You should Boommaster. I don't think that you would be
disappointed. They can't be beat for under $200 with scope
to your door.


CW
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hm, so HW50 kind of rifle, for hw30 kind of money. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote
cw
Banned
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 1771
Actually it's a copy of an HW95 or R9.


CW


Last edited by cw on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
B26 trigger 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
cliffspot
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 132
Location: Miami via Hawaii
CW wrote:
They are all single stage triggers, but nice.

They are actually 2 stage triggers but the chinese have not got the dimensions right. After Rich did the trigger, it has a solid second stage.

_________________
There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all!
View user's profile Send private message
BAM B262 Update: Finished 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.