Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » My crossman 2289 piston mod
My crossman 2289 piston mod 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
ace
I’ve been doing a lot of work on my 2289 and will be posting a thread about all the mods soon, but I wanted to post the piston mod because it gave me the most grief. Neutral Originally I have an aluminum FTP and I used this at first but I didn't get the results I wanted and it had some problems like grinding when on the open stroke this was due to the piston not being perfectly aligned.

so this brings me to my modded original 2289 stuffed FTP it was working perfect, better than i thought it would then I ran into a little speed bump lol...maybe not that little. While testing my 2289 the cup seal came off and got stuck in the tube no big deal disassemble it and retrieved the piston seal. Well to avoid this same thing happening again I decided in the heat of the moment to use some crazy glue yep Hammer Head they call it crazy for a reason, as I glued the cup seal in place some squirted on my finger so I placed the FTP on the counter while I wiped off the glue, when I returned the FTP was stuck to the counter unable to remove it without damage I tried to carefully slice it with an xacto knife, well big mistake that took a little slice of rubber off the piston cup and now it won’t seal and create the pressure it was before.

This is what happens when you rush stuff what I should have done was drill a small hole in the side of the cup and pined the cup seal in place problem solved. Thumb Up! v2

So H2P was nice enough so send me one he had in his parts bin, thank you H2P. Thumb Up!
when I got it I noticed that the seal was a little hard and not as soft as the rubber on the one I had, I decided to install it and give it a try why not, well it was pretty much the same as my piston it wouldn't create the pressure ether. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Sorry for the long explanation but I thought it was fitting to explain how I got to my piston mod.

Being one to never quite Smile while I was just staring at my piston and asking myself now what am I going to do with this, Neutral a very good idea came to me, in my paintball parts bin I found a poppet from a mini and it was the perfect size and fit after some modifications of course. The FTP Is pretty much complete just except for a little minor details. Now all I have to ever do is change one o-ring sweet.

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes never was good at it. Laughing
Thanks for sticking through it cheers. Wink

Pic's of FTP mod

Finished Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
That fits perfect! Nice looking setup.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
ace
Thank you todd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
redlock
Next time your stuck to or by Crazy glue it can be dissolved by a but of acetone. No knives needed.
Red

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
ace
yes I used acetone to get the crazy glue off my fingers bud never thought of using it on the seal. Neutral
oh well something good came from it non the less. Cool
My crossman 2289 piston mod 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles