Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » B&A 88 gram AS refill adapter modification
B&A 88 gram AS refill adapter modification 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
Darth
I bought this 88 gram AS REFILL adapter from B&A "thinking" (thinking is my main problem) I could just screw it on a 88 gram CO2 tank and go ... but, not the case … there is no piercing pin in the adapter. I guess the term “refill” should have given me a clue. Rolling Eyes

Anyway … after looking at it for a while ... I think I know why. It would be really hard to get one in there and keep the check valve operational/serviceable. So, I made this setup. I sunk all the dimensions .066" deeper and shortened the check valve stem by the same amount ... to keep everything equal. Then I counter bored a 3/8" wide by .062" deep recess. Then I made a piercing "disk" that sits in the recess. I made the disk from a Grade 8 bolt then case hardened it. I copied the dimensions for the piercing pin from the Hammerli 850 valve ... as far as how much it sticks up above the surface.

To use it, I fully seated the check valve with a wooden dowel, set the disk in the recess (because there is nothing holding it in there) and then screw the cylinder into the fitting. After that cylinder is "spent", I'll have to retrieve or verify the location of the disk and repeat the process for the next one.

I’ve installed and removed it three times so far on my 850 as I have been doing chrony testing. Seems to work just fine so far … time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Cool! That is a really slick setup. If it works well, you ought to really think about patenting it. There's money in stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Darth
oddtodd wrote:
Cool! That is a really slick setup. If it works well, you ought to really think about patenting it. There's money in stuff like that.

Well, I also make oil lines and a few other items for the old Kawasaki Triples. Those are not made by anybody that I know of, and the old (used) ones are getting hard to find.

I first thought that I would make a little money doing that ... but alas ... it just barely keeps the "hobbies" going. I only do it because I love the bikes ... and the guys that ride those things are some of the greatest people around ... kinda like "airgunner people" Smile Smile

But thanks for the compliment ... !! Wink

The only reason I did that was because of my ignorance. I bought the gun knowing I would only shoot about 10-20 rounds in between tests. I also bought 4 of the 88 gram cylinders and that adapter. When I found I couldn't use the cylinders with the adapter (how I wanted to) I had to come up with something ... Shocked

But, at least now, I know it can be done ... well, it's still in the Beta testing mode ... Light Sabre Fight
Perhaps B&A will adapt it ??

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories