Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » What are online airgun sellers in the US not doing? Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
redlock
AirGunEric wrote:
That must mean all of us middle-aged types must be perfect!

Razz

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cos I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
But I'm doing the best that I can"

By Mac Davis.

I think we are saying very similar things but coming from a different direction. Also Bob thinks this is not age related and he could be right too. It certainly is not restricted to older business people. It's just that in my experience this is the case. I've been involved in running small businesses of a very wide variety of types all of my life, retail, industrial, mail order and service based for myself and for others, so I have a fair amount of business experience. In his extremely good book "In search of Excellence" Tom Peters talks about service as being the most important aspect of running a good business and also as being the most neglected aspect. In a way he is right, but service has a measurable cost and an unmeasurable benefit so that makes it a problem for the BEAN COUNTERS that run their operations by the book. Service needs to draw
on morals and this is a big problem area for business people.

Red

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
rsterne
I agree 100%.... service is everything.... I ran my own mail order business for over 30 years, and if you don't have the personal discipline to do the work and get the product out the door (ie DELIVER THE GOODS ON TIME) you shouldn't be trying to run your own business.... That has to be the first priority.... Then you have to find the time to answer questions, answer the phone and emails, all of which interrupt the above procedure.... When you're finished with all of that, then you have to do the paperwork and keep the government happy.... plus look after advertising, your website, and a thousand other things which all get in the way of getting the product out the door to those who have already given you their money....

Anybody who thinks this is easy hasn't done it.... I did it successfully from age 30 to 60....

Bob

What are online airgun sellers in the US not doing? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics