Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » Pumps?
Pumps? 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Okay now that I'm entering the world of pcp/hpa ags, I'm starting to look at other options for supplying air for my slowly expanding arsenal of ags.

While my Discovery comes with a standard high pressure foot pump, and I do understand that the Discovery is very easily filled. It's when you start multiplying that by many more ags that I can see the need to come up with another solution.

I know many opt to get a scuba tank and then have that filled at a local scuba shop, but that's somewhat of a problem where I am. There just isn't that many scuba shops in the midwest. This will be made even worse should I eventually move out to the sticks when I'm lucky enough.

So I've done yet another google search and came across many paint ball compressors. But these things are outragiously expensive! The least inexpensive pump I've found was sold via Airguns of Arizona, made by EZ-Air. But this compressor still sells for $1795.

Then as I followed more and more links I came across this site.

http://www.protecair.com/scuba/specials.html?gclid=COyQ8rGXgp4CFRPyDAodNDMXqQ

This guy is selling miltary surplus compressors. One model selling for "just" $1050.00" Slowly I'm getting the price down to what I would concider a reasonable amount. Question is, if this guy is buying them from the military, why couldn't we? Any of you ex service men know where I could find additional information on these types of units and where to possibly buy one from.

If that's not possible, if you read through Airguns of Arizona's whole site, they have a review of a compressor that FX use to make. This unit sold for $800, but sadly has been discontinued.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Here you go! homemade pumping system using a hand pump and motor.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/thread/1237007498/Tired+of+Hand-pumping--

Al

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
rsterne
The rumour is that Crosman is bringing out a pump in 2010 for about $500.... no idea what specs....

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Alstone,

Yeah that was posted on here a while back as well. Even had a youtube link as well. Honestly for that price I could weld one together cheaper. As I've said in a thread in the gunsmithing forum, I believe I could come up with a better design. Only thing really holding me back right now is the posiblity of having to sell home, including work shop, no sence investing tools now.

Bob,

That'd be really nice of Crosman would come up with one at that price point, it'd be more expensive building one then just buying one at that rate.

FYI, the design above mimics a design that FX themselves use to sell for $800. There's a write up done by Tom Gaylord on Airguns of Arizona's website. You have to dig for it though. Go to Hot of the Bench "reports". About half way down in on the page that comes up is the review.

I'd still like to investigate the military surplus though. I like the idea that it's gas powered. The only outdoor range I have near me is 50 miles away (if it's still there). Sure a scuba tank or two would work at a range, but waht if I have a chance to go down state or out of state for that matter to do some bunny/squirrel sniping? I can fill on site in that case.

If I were to go electric, bought or built, then I'd have to mess an inverter running of my vehicle battery and all that jazz.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories