Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » PVC Pistol Holster
PVC Pistol Holster 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
Slavia
I ran across this video of a kid making a pistol holster from a PVC sewer pipe. I especially like using a molded trigger guard well as a "latch" to keep the gun in place. This could possibly be adapted to oddly shaped pistols like the 1377's and 2240's. With cutouts it might even fit scoped guns. Read the comments also - there are some good ideas there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYSfa8CKQE

I would suggest using hand tools only. Motorized tools just melt the plastic. PVC is paintable with paint rated for plastics (eg., Krylon Fusion). The video poster uses a heat gun to soften the plastic, which is also a good idea. A propane torch tends to char the PVC, and boiling water doesn't quite get it to the pliable point that is needed here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Interesting idea- although I have to say I'm not enamored with idea of a solid chunk of plastic hanging from my belt.

I think this would make for a great vehicle-mounted holster- i.e. a rifle on an ATV or such.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would suggest coloring with common fabric dye (like Rit Dye, available at most supermarkets). Put dye in a pot of water, heat to a low simmer, add part, and count to about a million. The dye should penetrate the plastic enough that if it's scratched, you won't have white showing through like you would with painted plastic. I'm not 100 percent sure it will work on PVC like it does nylon plastics, but it would be worth a try.

Good post, btw Slavia! I watched the vid...very informative, although some of the posts allude to the toxicity of heating PVC. Anyone trying this may want to look into that first.
PVC Pistol Holster 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories