Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories » i need a suppressor for my rws diana 34 panther... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I stumbled on that site a long time ago and read it myself... Damned fine print.

Really the variations in the law piss me off.

If you read the fine print of NJ laws, you can legally own cannons as long as they are muzzle loading. They are technically classified as muzzle loaders. If I ever get my hands on a cannon I'm going to hook it up to the truck and go squirrel hunting.

Not sure if the statey's would like me hauling a cannon down the highway... Twisted Evil

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Okay...I've a few questions on how to stay legal. I've been practicing in my yard with my 2300. As is, it's pretty loud. All the houses around me, and it echo's pretty bad.

So, while I may have issues with a driver's license, I still have a current FOID card. As I understand it, to own a supressor of any kind I need to pay the $200 fee for it's license, then of course the cost of the supressor it's self. Oddly, from what I've seen online, they can run as much as the licensing fee! Wierd since I see them being sold outside the US for conciderably less.

Is there additional licensing required to make one? How would I find out? Is that controlled by state or feds?

Then there's design. There are sooo many designs out there. Admittedly most of them are ameturish done by kids on Youtube. If I had the proper licensing, and could make one, I'd want one that functioned properly made out of quality materials. (eg..no tape, glue or crap)

Thanks,

jax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Jax I have a book that explains how to make a military grade silencer and it should work? let me know I'll make a copy and send it to you

benji 392
drozd bumble bee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Jax I think you need to have a license to manufacture firearms, and then to sell them you would need a class 3 FFL.

You would also have to work with the ATF and inform them you are making (a) silencer(s). Then they will crawl up your butt and rape you silly (without lube in most cases).

Anyway... you will probably get denied because of your financial problems. If you really see yourself doing this then give it a try, I don't mean to discourage you.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote
Jaxom
Ugh!!! Is it the gov's reason to exist to make my life miserable!? <sigh>

Anywho, let's skip the supressor for now. I'm still thinking about your comment about selling modified 22xx's.

That would be a big help getting my buisness off the ground. But what special licensing is required for taking say a 2240 and modifying it to it's fullest extent, with the intentions of reselling it for profit? It's one thing to do these things as a personal hobby, but the gov might look at this differently if I did it as a full time job.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Accessories