Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » rws model 34 replacment parts main spring and others,need he
rws model 34 replacment parts main spring and others,need he 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
richie25rich
I have a RWS model 34 air rifle and it needs a new main spring, while it is apart, I thought I would replace the piston seal, breach seal, do you neeed to replace the spring guide? It looks OK to me, no cracks or deformity is evident.
Where is the best place to buy these replacement parts?Does the main spring have alternate sources of manufacture that are good?

I also need a logging spring(part number 51) or 301668 in the schematic that shows up on the internet when you type in schematic and parts diagram for rws model 34.
thanks for any help you can give me,
sincerely, Richard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:16 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
If the guide isn't bent or deformed, no need to replace it.

As for "where" to get parts, as you are referring to it as an "RWS" I will assume you are the the US. Call Umarex USA in Arkansas- they are the US distributor for Diana (they bought the distributor "RWS" years ago).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
RWS Ddiana model 34 source of main spring and logging spring 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
richie25rich
Thanks for the reply, yes I am in the USA!
Richard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 am Reply with quote
Wayne361
Hello pls visit the vortex site. My absolute recommendation would be to install the pg2 kit for your diana 34 (rws is simply rebranded diana).
Will make a world of difference over simple spring change and its a simple drop in system. Vortex also makes springs for 34 but the pg2 kit is far superior. Have two kits already and worth every penny.

Cheers and hope rhis helps.
Wayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
The Vortek kits do little more than properly disassembling, cleaning the rifle and replacing with stock parts and lubricating everything would do- a bunch of plastic spacers to attempt to muzzle sound in the tube is not adding any sort of power.

Stick with the more factory parts and clean/lube the rifle when disassembling it.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote
Wayne361
Pls see user reviews of vortek kits as i have to humbly disagree with your comment. If you are a pro tuner who can create home made spring sleaves, top hat configurations along with a better than stock main spring, than you would have an accurate statement. Most dont have that capability to do on their own.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Your argument is based on a repeat of single people with single rifle installs- the vast majority of them not having compared the same rifle with new factory parts vs. vortek parts after a clean/lube with both.

Having tested multiple of these kits, and previously have sold dozens, I can say with some authority that they gain no more than a 3% velocity increase at maximum compared to stock parts- and this was only measured for a few hundred shots on each rifle- it is quite plausible after that the vortek springs weakened faster than stock (we know factory springs will last many thousands of shots typically) so it is entirely possible the vortek kits could drop to stock output, or even lower levels earlier than stock parts. There is a reason we stopped selling the kits- essentially a waste of good money unless what someone was really only seeking was a slight mechanical noise reduction.

What I find hard to believe is all the "subscribers" to these sorts of kits. Do you really believe European manufacturers (German and English) who have been in the airgun business for many decades (or more) and sold their products on the higher-end of the market can find it plausible that a new spring and a couple plastic parts (i.e. sleeve and guides) will radically "improve" a rifle's output. The main promoters of such products are typically people who made no proper comparisons and need to rationalize spending their money on them, or at best are believers in 'wishful thinking'. These are not Chinese-made guns from 20 years ago using the cheapest materials the manufacturer could get away with.

As for "unless you are a pro tuner who can"- that would be the point- a "pro" tuner wouldn't likely waste his time creating plastic sleeves and guides unless the customer only wanted a slight reduction in mechanical noise and was willing to pay for it. Any "pro" tuners selling these kits as part of their services are only selling them because people are asking for them and telling people what they want is a waste of time is not the greatest way to stay in business ("I am a Ford dealer and you sir cannot buy this pickup truck as it gets terrible fuel mileage and you work in an office- it is a waste of your time and money"- is not going to keep Ford in business- the same applies to airgun tuners for the most part).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Wayne361
Thanks for your reply. The vast majority of people that buy kits are not looking for an increase in power...in fact many kits tame a rifle by lowering output. But for argument sake lets say the kit maintains stock fps. Kits often are sought after to improve shot cycles of stock guns to which i can attest the accomplish. Shorter, smoother cocking strokes and less recoil with shot. Using your argument wouldnt the manufacturer implement this in a german gun? Why file the burs and sharp edges when gun is unassembled? Shouldnt this be done at the manufacturer? Why add moly libes and such? Shouldnt this be done at the manufacturer'? Triggets etc. You get the point.
As for spring longevity i havent heard any negative in a long long time.
To each his own.
rws model 34 replacment parts main spring and others,need he 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles