Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » What have I missed these past few years?
What have I missed these past few years? 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Smile Well, I am seriously considering returning to the Airgun Community as an active shooter. I've been away shooting powder burners in both .22 rimfire and high-power calibers, (I am fortunate to live in a country where I can do this) but the .22 regional (national?) ammo shortage has just about taken all the fun out of that world, and high-power shooting is expensive and suitable range facilities are not conveniently located.
You Administrative people will note the rarity of my posts here over the last 5 years or so --- could someone give me a comprehensive forum-summary for that time period? Thanks! I hope it's not too much trouble.
Anyway, I plan to be a regular reader once again and maybe even post something. Best regards to everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
"Comprehensive summary"?

People have asked about airguns, people have had their questions answered (unless they acted like a d-bag). People also talked about airguns in different uses/context.

Not sure what kind of "summary" you would expect, and we don't have a "Cliff's Notes" on things available.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Eric is right. You just pick up where you left off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was just kidding about the summary thanks - where would one begin?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
1,000 yard shots. More states allowing hunting with airguns, and some allowing deer hunting. PCP's are now very common. An explosion of replica BB guns. Airgun uppers to fit AR lowers. Arrow guns and bolt guns. Great ballistic software. Gas strut springs. Better quality at lower prices, and available ammunition. I really think we're in the golden age of airgunning.

On the other hand, some things don't change. People at the range still think I'm shooting a BB gun. You can probably still out-shoot me, and I can still out-tinker you. (Roy and I have a history.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Roy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the info. Some of it I did not know. One thing that did strike me is the number of synthetic stocks now instead of wood - even versus 3 years ago! But that makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
robert w
lately I been lucky.i have a lot of 22 lr.all got in last 2 months.got a new ruger all American in .204 ruger. easy to get ammo for that.and wow that sun of a gun is fast.3300 fps and hornady says they just developed a faster round .I gotta have some of them rounds

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
What have I missed these past few years? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic