Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition » Air Guns are not a Firearm
Air Guns are not a Firearm 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
brakeshoe1
I recently wanted to join a group of target shooters. This organization called the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) and they have a super modern facility at Camp Perry in Port Clinton Ohio and I believe another in Arkansas somewhere. They have an affidavit you have to sign and one of the reasons you cant shoot there is if you have a felony. This is an air gun shooting facility. Its competition shooting also, which it is something I would love to try. I am an avid air gun hunter and target shooter I have asked for them to let me know when they decide if I can shoot there. Its been three weeks and I will call them soon. Now I am willing to bet that a lot of us air gunners have a felony hence we shoot air guns rather than firearms. I shoot a lot and love it. It is not fair. The law is the law. I obey it and I think this organization should also. Venting. Would like to hear others views on this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
whm1974
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As someone with a mental illness I feel your pain. I'm not sure if I can own firearms any more so I started looking into airguns due to legal issues.

The CMP however may just be looking to protect itself from lawsuits.
Air Guns are not a Firearm 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Target Shooting: Casual, Fun and Competition