Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Starlings !!!
Starlings !!! 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
tommylucky
Here's the thing about Starlings. They are not native to North America. They were introduced by some forward thinkers back in the late 1800s. They decided that Central Park in NYC should have all the birds mentioned in the works of William Shakespeare. The reason remains a mystery.
Starlings are prolific in their breeding. Since being introduced to America there are now more Starlings in America than all other birds combined. There has only been one other bird known to outnumber Starlings in North America. That bird was the Passenger Pigeon. They say it took two days for the migration from north to south, blocking out the sun because of the shear number of birds. The passenger pigeon is now extinct. The last dying in the Cincinatti Zoo50 or 60 years ago.
The difference in the Starling and the Passenger Pigeon is that, the passenger tasted good. The bird was hunted to extinction for its taste. Pigeon pie, pigeon croquets, stuffed pigeon, roast pigeon, fried pigeon, even fricassee.
I don't know if you've ever tasted Starling, but believe you me, you don't want to. It tastes worse than Sunfish.
For me, I have zero problem sending Starling to meet their maker. My Starling killing friends and I send pictures of Starlings we've shot. I don't shoot any other bird, Starlings are my target of choice. I think that everyone in America that owns a pellet gun should go out and shoot at least one Starling each week. Who know, maybe they'll enjoy ridding our country of an invasive species.
In my state, you can shoot all the starlings you want. No limit, No season, No restrictions. They consider them exactly as they do a rat.Kill all you want, whenever you want. So I try to conform with the state as much as possible and I want to do my share.
My advice to all reading this. If you want a good target to shoot at, consider the Starling. The best part is, Starlings don't cost a cent.
Do your part. Go kill as many Starlings as you can.
You owe it to your Country.
Yes, you do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
My only disagreement is this: You must be eating the wrong sunfish!

Bluegill, sunfish, pumpkinseeds... all good fish! Just a little bony to navigate.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are plenty of starlings in my area, but they never seem to frequent MY yard...it's like the little suckers know! I was able to smash one a couple weeks ago, but have since only seen them briefly. It's like they can sense when I'm going for my gun, and beat-feet before I can get 'em in my sights.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Mentolio- you are right. I very rarely get one around my house anymore without heavy baiting and hiding. They either recognize me, or I just have an aura of death around me that they recognize. lol
Starlings 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
fireman40
I have the same problem, No starlings will even fly over my yard. I would love to find a place to shoot a bunch
Starlings !!! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting