Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Anyone convert a single stroke pumper to a multi-stroke?
Anyone convert a single stroke pumper to a multi-stroke? 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Just like the title- anyone know about converting a single-stroke pneumatic to a multi-stroke and what is involved with this? I've never, now that I think about it, had an SSP gun apart to look it over and see what can be done.
Re: Anyone convert a single stroke pumper to a multi-stroke? 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
DerekVinyard
Sounds like a fun idea, if you can find a good candidate to work on. You simply need a valve that can handle a little more pressure and a check valve in between the piston and the valve.

AirGunEric wrote:
I've never, now that I think about it, had an SSP gun apart to look it over and see what can be done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
jonathan
This is creepy.....I was gonna make a post about the same topic. Was looking at a Daisy 953 and wondered if the valve could be adapted to multi pump......... Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
I've got a Daisy club box with two Avanti 853's and two Avanti 840's (Grizzlies with peep sights). Also a Marksman 2004 pistol. All are SSP's, and all are missing any kind of intake valve. The piston is what holds the air under compression, and the pistons travel almost to the cylinder heads.

Nothing is impossible, but at least on these guns you would have to sandwich an intake valve into an already crowded exhaust valve body. Maybe not impossible, but it would be way easier to get a MPP in the first place.

Last edited by Slavia on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
No, what's creepy is I was also thinking about a Daisy as the candidate for this...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
I don't think it would be worth it, and this is coming from a guy that has modified nerf guns. But believe me, I would love to be proven wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Slavia
This is an Avanti (Daisy) 853. The single shot, not the 853C "clip" model. It is very accurate with its Lothar Walther barrel, and has enjoyed popularity as an entry 10m gun with groups like 4H and the Boy Scouts. At 500 FPS it works great - but let's see what's in there:

The exhaust valve and the transfer port are right at the cylinder head. In fact, the exhaust valve spring retainer clip is flush with the head. No room for extra stuff there:

The cylinder is an aluminum sleeve inside a stamped steel tube, sealed at the head end by an "O" ring:

The cylinder sleeve walls measure 0.030" thick:

An intake valve would have to go in the cylinder sleeve, which would necessitate shortening the piston stroke. So after you get that figured out, and after you beef up the sleeve to take extra pressure and mount the extra valve, and after you figure how to keep it from expanding away from the "O" ring seal, and after you modify the valve and hammer to take extra pressure, you would have - a Crosman.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:11 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ah, crap- I was hoping for an easier time of it! We'll lay that oneon the back-burner for awhile...

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not the Daisy's, though a lot of people have had success with turning the Beeman P17 into a MSP (including myself), and it makes for one hard hitting pistol Smile .

I wish that the Daisy SSP's could be brought up a good bit further, as I prefer the Daisy MSP's for hunting and plinking (I mod mine for increased power and improved accuracy). I primarily use the Daisy 880 and 22X for rifles.
Anyone convert a single stroke pumper to a multi-stroke? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles