Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues » 2 kids killed in NC by pellet guns
2 kids killed in NC by pellet guns 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:52 am Reply with quote
Verado
Recently 2 kids have been killed within a week of each other by pellet guns. Both were the result of stupidity but the outcome is still unfortunate. Last I heard no charges were being filed. Hope this isn't the start of the wheels turning to ban them.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9186324/

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9167640/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
This just goes to show what can happen in untrained hands. I wouldn't want to be either of those two and have to live with that for the rest of my life. Our guns are dangerous if we are doing something stupid. I won't let either of my boys near my rifle if I am doing any hunting or target practice and there is a trigger lock on it the rest of the time. They are also kept in the basement where the boys have no access to them either. It just shows how much parents nowadays don't pay attention. I let my son play with his buck BB gun but he is always within my control when he is.

It has snuck up on us though. Pellet rifles used to be a toy, with plastic parts and low FPS. Now everybody has a competiton to reach 1000 fps and get these rifles changed from toys to hunting tools. Nobody has bothered to look at them for their kids and actually paid attention to the warnings.

It's not just bb and pellet rifles, it's also games like hitman, grand theft auto, and other games that glorify everything from death to abuse of women. I keep seeing things go a little bit more wrong every day, and I am sad for it. My wife is a teacher and she tells me about how kids are losing social skills due to cell phones and IM, and how kids no longer get taught important things like music and citizenship, but are taught to pass a test that has no basis in the real world.

I just see it as really sad when my ADHD son has never learned to sing, to be able to quote the pledge of allegiance, and how much more naturalized citizens have to learn than a regular citizen. I am just disgusted anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Last week we had a professional footballer from one of our top teams, bring an air rifle on to the pitch and shot a young apprentice in the head from 5 ft.

The club tried to hide it but the police found out and are filing a warrant to prosecute the offender, he in response said he was only playing around and didn’t know the gun was loaded.

Also the club doctor tried to cover it up by giving medical treatment on their club premises, and all the time the club is laughing it off as just a prank that went wrong.

I should point out that there are a lot of African footballers playing for UK clubs, and shooting someone in the head is no big deal in some of the countries they come from.

Personally I think they should be deported, we have enough crap in this country without bringing it in.

Al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I pretty much agree with you Al. I have the same thing about illegals. They talk about how they are trying to keep them away and the drugs they carry out of our borders, but as long as somebody gets paid off, nobody cares. It's that way everywhere now. It used to be personal pride about things that got done. We weren't bad kids as far as kids went I don't think, but now it's just a case of How much money I can make off of you. I had a BB gun. DId I break any windows? Yeah one or two. Did I pay for them? Yeah I did. Did my dad bust my a$$? Yeah he did. Now, if you paddle your child, it's abuse. One of the most judiciously used act of quick and simple punishment stopped. I still use it once in a while if really needed. If that little boy had been supervised like he was supposed to, there would have been nothing at all happened. That little boy would still be alive. If that grandfather had put away that pellet rifle properly, unloaded and uncocked, that little boy would still be alive too. It's something that has gone wrong somewhere, and Its really something that will be hard to bring back. We expect other people to take care of us. We expect somebody else to make responsible decisions. Walmart shouldn't sell such dangerous weapons. THey should have to have a license. THey should this they should that, etc etc. It's all let's blame somebody else. You can't legislate common sense. I bet somebody will sue walmart for selling something like this sooner or later. I look for us to end up like the UK with no powder burners and everything limited to 12 ftlb or less, if even that. I am a realist, and it seems like it's all being a pessimist now too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:58 am Reply with quote
Alstone
The thing with these kids that are really out of hand is getting their attention, and pain is the only way to get it 100%, even if it’s only a slap on the back of the leg, it works!

Al

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
DavidS
Banned
I agree with what Todd is saying, especially that it seems self respect and thereby respect for others has greatly deminished. Where is the pride we all felt for our Nation and the caring for each other gone?

It's very true also that far too many seem to want to only point their finger to focus the blame on someone else rather than taking responsibility for their short commings, place the blame on someone else, don't look at me even though it's their fault directly or indiretly. Again whats happened to the pride we used to feel and responsibility we used to grasp onto as though it was our God Given Duty?!

In my humble opinion, it seems too many have become too complacement too what is happening in our Great Nation and how it's being destroyed from within while destroying the core values all true Americans cherished and strove to perpetuate? Complacency is where, and the willingness to allow themselves to be so easily manipulated into non-thinking or taking responsibilty to try and make this a better Nation for all those who truely Love the U.S.A. and deport all those, illegal and otherwise whoever are not working for the betterment of this Nation and our Ideals.

Having open arms to accept other nationalities most certainly is the Christian way but it a fool who thinks everyone thinks like most all Christians do as it's being proven as I write that there are those amongst us that really have no love for us and want to destroy us by using our complacency to their advantage which again is happening right now!

That takes us back to the responsibility that each of needs to exhibit to take our Nation back. America, Love it or Leave It!!

To have respect for ourselves is to also have respect for others but we can't afford to allow others to disrespect us without putting our foot down and firmly saying NO!! Come here to love this Nation and our ways or GET OUT NOW!

As is well known is psychology, 'Very few if anyone will respect you unless you respect yourself. And having self respect is not allowing others to walk on us and deprive us of our Rights, Liberties & Properties because it doesn't meet their way of thinking. That's just plain BS!

Where's the Respect & Patriotism that so many used to feel and thousands have died for and are dying for?

God Bless America and all Patriots working toward her benefit of maintaining our Heritage and Respect!! And that includes all of our Service Men & Women!!

Illegal Aliens with ill intent toward Our Great Nation must be removed immediately. Otherwise it's like knowing you have an infection but do nothing to stop it and it only festers and grows and consumes you.

Respect and love of ourselves and Our Nation and other like minded individuals who are working toward it's betterment!

May God Bless All Patriotic Souls!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:44 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I don't think Jesus would carry a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If he did... It would be a shotgun loaded with rock salt....

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Or mirrors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote
rawhide
well pooo!!! very sad to see something like this happend... yes of corse I'm a gun toting redneck! and very prode to start off here. do I thnk who ever left the gun loaded and where the kids can get a hold of it should be responcable? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!! it's up to us as gun owners to make shure are guns or out of harms way and were untrained hands can't get a hold of them... ya I whent there ok Faq-U do I think they should sue wallmart or the company who made the gun no. how is it wallmarts falt how is it the makers falt. it's not. BUT I do beleve the peaple selling bb gun pellet gun guns in genral should be trained to let people know the gun they are buying can be danerous. ok I work in a gun shop and yes we also sell air guns. and yes some times mom or dad want to buy little Jimmy a high power pellet gun like little Johnnys because he has one. well I point out to them what these gun CAN do. for example at 30 yard I set 3 pop cans full of water. shot my quest 1000 at them pap. pellet whent through all 3. to me that was an eye opener! some say no some just don;t care sad but true. the other problem I see with this is most people just don't pay attention... or read warnings. example how many people cut there hand feet off every year by a lawn mower? and the warnings right there on the stupid mower! sorry guys didn't mean to go on a rant but this realy should not have happened. gives us gun nuts a big slap in the face...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Oz
oddtodd wrote:
This just goes to show what can happen in untrained hands. I wouldn't want to be either of those two and have to live with that for the rest of my life. Our guns are dangerous if we are doing something stupid. I won't let either of my boys near my rifle if I am doing any hunting or target practice and there is a trigger lock on it the rest of the time. They are also kept in the basement where the boys have no access to them either. It just shows how much parents nowadays don't pay attention. I let my son play with his buck BB gun but he is always within my control when he is.

It has snuck up on us though. Pellet rifles used to be a toy, with plastic parts and low FPS. Now everybody has a competiton to reach 1000 fps and get these rifles changed from toys to hunting tools. Nobody has bothered to look at them for their kids and actually paid attention to the warnings.

It's not just bb and pellet rifles, it's also games like hitman, grand theft auto, and other games that glorify everything from death to abuse of women. I keep seeing things go a little bit more wrong every day, and I am sad for it. My wife is a teacher and she tells me about how kids are losing social skills due to cell phones and IM, and how kids no longer get taught important things like music and citizenship, but are taught to pass a test that has no basis in the real world.

I just see it as really sad when my ADHD son has never learned to sing, to be able to quote the pledge of allegiance, and how much more naturalized citizens have to learn than a regular citizen. I am just disgusted anymore.

Being new to the forum, I'm not entirely sure I am responding in a suitable manner. Yes, it's most regrettable how these tragedies occur. But, what I see is that society anymore makes attempts to legislate on matters where bodily harm eventuates in virtually all aspects of life. Look alone at how we are seeing the sport of football being wussified. Mayor Bloomberg concerns himself with hydrogenated fats and oversized sugary drinks. The list of what we can and can't do grows in all aspects of our lives. Let us hope that the element of Common Sense can be instilled so that we don't become robotic by nature and that society grows virtually inoperable in the field of work and play. However, regardless of how hard we try, we cannot fix stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
rsterne
You do realize that this thread is two years old, right?....

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Oz
rsterne wrote:
You do realize that this thread is two years old, right?....

Bob

So what changed? Those kids come back to life? Society has changed its standards. You got yourself a calendar?
2 kids killed in NC by pellet guns 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues