Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Breakin Time
Breakin Time 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quote
tommytanker
I have a Crosman Quest purchased for pest control 5 or 6 years ago and probably have not shot 350 pellets through it. I have at least 50 pests killed Squirrels/Chipmunks most killed with open sights and have now read here that it takes 500 to possibly 1000 pellets to break in a rifle.

Another interesting comment is the holding of air rifle, is it different than regular firearm

Last year purchased a Gamo Whisper and have 3 scoped kills. (rescoping this month with a Hawke 3x9x40)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Good shootin on the kills with the quest. You probably will have plenty more. That 1000 to 2000 shots is hard to get to. I don't think I have that many through all of my rifles combined. lol I have 6 rifles too. I have that many thru my pistols though fat lot of good that will do me. lol I have 3 that use pellets.

My 2300 custom is my fave. I KNOW I have 2000 thru it. My 2400 custom rifle probably has 1000 thru it. They are both CO2 powered though so I don't know if that makes much of a difference, The whisper is a good rifle too.

I know Alot of oldr gamos are junk but they have seemed to bring their quality control up. I know I would like to have one.

The best scopes I have found that are mid-ranged price are leapers and centerpoint. All of my rifles but one right now have centerpoints on them and they have lasted well. I have never used a hawke, but I hear they are decent scopes.

Okay, he hold you are talking about is the artillery hold. It is the easiest hold because it's easy to be consistent with, and with an airgun consistency is 40% of it. If you are accurate with the hold you use then don't change anything. The artillery hold is where you cradle the gun. you don't pull it to your shoulder and you just have your front hand flat with the stock lying on it. The idea is to let the gun do what it is going to do and you are not going to interfere with it. If you are getting consistency now though, DON"T CHANGE YOUR HOLD. because I don't use the artillery either and I come out just fine. I hold mine just like my 22 rifle. Comfortable, but not pulled in so tight my shoulder is hurting. lol Consistency is where it counts, and if you can pull off the same consistent hold again and again, use it.

ALso we like lots of pics. especially posted in the hunting section. Please don't place game picks in anywhere but the hunting section. Believe it or not some people don't like seeing taken game. I know, crazy huh? I personally don't care, but there it is. At least that's what I was told when I started on here. Things may have changed since then cuz I have been here a few minutes. At least I don't post game pics in anywhere but hunting.

Well it was nice chatting at ya. Have a look around, you'll like the place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
tommytanker
Quote:
Good shootin on the kills with the quest. You probably will have plenty more. That 1000 to 2000 shots is hard to get to. I don't think I have that many through all of my rifles combined. lol I have 6 rifles too. I have that many thru my pistols though fat lot of good that will do me. lol I have 3 that use pellets.

I had never heard about a break in period till I joined forum. I do agree with the 1000 shots. Since I am six days older than dust not sure if there is enough time left.
Breakin Time 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics