Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » Almost pulled a BOB on ya all...
Almost pulled a BOB on ya all... 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Getting old ain't for sissies...

This last Winter was pretty hard on me. I was told to take it easy, I took it a bit too easy...

Good news is I quit smoking back in December but put more weight on and it's been wreaking havoc on my internals.

Dr. put me on all sorts of meds and did a bunch of expensive tests.

My body forgot how to process adrenaline. So whenever I exert myself, my BP goes through the roof, I can't catch my breath and about pass out.

It got so bad I could not walk down the driveway to get the mail. I even got Rock Star (DP) plates on the car now.

Good news is my heart is healthy and as I lose weight the rest of me should catch up. When Doc said I should weigh 140lbs... I laughed because I haven't been 140 since Jr. High School. 165-170 works the best for me. Not the 225 I got up to.

I was able to put in a full day in the shop yesterday but had to take it easy today. It's going to be one day at a time for awhile.

What can I say? I got a good wife who feeds me well.

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
My girlfriend keeps feeding me too, darn Mexicans, and she's studying all day while I mostly do arty-farty-stuff in and around the house at the mo. I guess it's like what the soviets did, you know, giving their fighters not enough fuel to fly to far away from the borders. Only in this case I guess we're getting to much fuel to actually lift off. Mr. Green

I'm sure I've gained quite a bit but I really can't tell because no measuring device can contai... I mean there are no scales around the house.

Good to hear you're going to right way though. I smoke pipe and a cigar sporadically. So sporadically that if I buy a package of tobacco for the pipe, the next time I light one up: Dry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
Sholo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Holy crap Joe, take care of yourself and listen to the Doc! We all need you to stick around and keep churning out those awesome parts Mr. Green

As for your BP, I'm happy to inform you that I can help lower it a bit by letting you know: I AM NOW SET UP WITH PAYPAL!!!...Wink Laughing Laughing

Todd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
rsterne
Welcome Back, Daddy.... *grin*

us ol' airgunners aren't that easy to get rid of....

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
Slavia
You survived and resolved a difficult domestic situation. You made a major geographic move. You started a new relationship. This is simple compared to all that. Yes, I know that's a gross understatement - my point is that you have the mettle to do it. Plus, you have a lady at your side to help. And, if prayer thrown into the mix will help - you were never off my list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Happy you're okay man, keep fighting! Congratulations on dropping the cigs; my Granny would probably still be alive if she could have just quit smoking, but we lost her last spring. Watch those damned pills the doctors give you.

And remember, it has never hurt anyone to smoke a little bit of pure nature from time to time, if you catch my drift?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
robert w
i can side with ya man i never smoked but i did get a huge gut after i got a lung infection . my dr said my rib cage opened up to let the lungs take more air then when i finally got over that 2 year long infection my muscles inside weakened lettin everything fall so i look like a beer gut . i have trouble breathin at times over this

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Thank you guys.

The great thing about quitting smoking is my Grand daughter can't say "You stink Grandpa"... Unless, I fart. Mr. Green

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
Almost pulled a BOB on ya all... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic