 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Just bought a 22 caliber Benjamin Titan GP with Nitro Piston |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 am |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
Walmart only had Crosman Premier 14.3 grain HPs. I'm browsing pyramyd looking for some variety. Is it okay to shoot heavier pellets with this piston?
Some hooligan stole the scope mount out of the package, but luckily I was able to the set that was on my .17 HMR Winchester :P |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 am |
|
|
| mod90 |
| Veteran Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 04 Jun 2011 |
| Posts: 279 |
|
|
|
 |
Congrats on the new purchase You should be able to shoot up to 18 grain pellets to maximize its effectiveness as a hunting rifle with no ill effects. Heavier pellets will help with accuracy issues as well, if there are any. You can use the lighter ones for plinking.
Just remember though that NP technology can still be pretty hold sensitive, so practice & consistency are key, no matter what pellet you end up using. |
|
_________________ There is no tradition greater than the hunt, passed through countless generations. For those that enjoy the hunt, no explanation is needed. For those that do not, no explanation is good enough. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 am |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
| Sounds good. I'm all over practice and consistency. Once the sun comes up I'm gonna zero her in and try to bust something with it. Minute-of-sparrow is all the accuracy I'm asking :P |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 am |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
I have one, and I like it. Any pellet should be fine, although it's like any other gun - try several kinds if you can. Fortunately mine likes those CPHP's.
While the gas piston eliminates spring torque and can be left cocked longer, it's still a spring. My Titan is probably the most demanding gun I own as far as hold sensitivity. Practice, practice, practice.
 |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
| I've got her zero'd in, and I think it shoots great. I've had plenty of hold practice in the past, so I'm not noticing anything to demanding, at least with these pellets. Shoots great! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 am |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
| 11 casualties this morning! 4 starlings, 3 sparrows, and a few other nuisances! I am very happy with this gun! The day before yesterday I missed like 4 easy shots, and decided the gun was jinxed. Today the first bird, a starling, that I shot lived through 7 god-forsaken hits. X.x After that though, the jinx was broke and everything died with one shot! Gun shoots dime sized groups with these pellets. Very satisfied, considering the gun I bought came from walmart, was taped up as if it had been opened and/or returned, and was lacking scope mounts. Can't wait to get some little heavier pellets and see how they work downrange. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
| I am still very satisfied with this gun! I've got 14 notches on the barrel, confirmed kills. And a few solid hits on targets I couldn't recover because they flew a short, futile distance. Still haven't got any other pellets to shoot, but the hollow points do a good job. Still amazed by the accuracy of this gun! Today I shot a starling out of the top of the tree in my yard, and the only shot I had was a headshot. Down he went! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:52 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
Just placed an order for a variety of sizes and weights of hollow points and wadcutters. Also, round balls. 2 days to ship!
Crosman Destroyer Pellets, .22 Cal, 14.3 Grains
RWS Hobby .22 Cal, 11.9 Grains, Wadcutter
H&N Hollow Point .22 Cal, 12.65 Grains, Hollowpoint
Gamo Round .22 Cal, 15.43 Grains, Lead Balls
Beeman Kodiak HP .22 Cal, 18.21 Grains, Hollowpoint
RWS Meisterkugeln Standard .22 Cal, 14.0 Grains, Wadcutter
I'm afraid to shoot anything heavier than about 18, I don't wanna mess up my gun or something... |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
RWS Hobby wadcutters: Zero'd the gun on these. Astounded that the
RWS Meisterklugeln: didn't work too well. Shoots wild. Don't squeeze into the barrel.
Beeman Kodiaks : I can use the same zero as the hobbies and hit things consistently with these. They expand nicely and despite being 4 grains heavier than what I'm used to shooting, shoot pretty close to zero.
Gamo Rounds: These things are sweet! They shoot about 3 inch groups at 25 yards, but inside 15 they're deadly! Already killed a groundhog with them, shot cleanly through the head! I shoot into a stack of phone books, and these have the best penetration. Some seem a little bigger than others, but they shoot alright.
Crosman Destroyers: Heres a surprise! They shoot pretty accurately, better than the balls, and penetrate almost as far! I recovered several of these from the books, and they hold an astounding amount of mass, and look like they would ruin anything you shot with them.
H&N Hollowpoints: Don't shoot that well, and I blame the design of the pellet. Mushroom nicely, but poor accuracy.
So with all my recovered lead, I'd really like to make some of my own pellets! What kind of material would I have to use to make an affective form? I'm a proficient whittler, carver, and jackolantern maker, so I can manage it given a good medium (:
I'll put some pictures of the recovered pellets up some other time |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:17 pm |
|
|
| donwalk |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 09 Jun 2009 |
| Posts: 247 |
| Location: republik of kaliphornia |
|
|
 |
you might try JSB's and crosman premier HP.
i think you'll find that roundnose/pointed pellets perform better, and more accurately, at longer ranges. |
|
_________________ never squat while wearing spurs...will rogers |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
I started with premier hps, they did shoot well. I'll buy more eventually. I really wasn't expecting any "performance" from the wadcutters, I did expect accuracy though. Wouldn't shoot anything with them.
Those 18 grain HPs and crosman destroyers are deadly. I've taken a lot of starlings already with them |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 pm |
|
|
| toadmyster223 |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 20 Mar 2012 |
| Posts: 501 |
| Location: Fayette Nam, PA |
|
|
 |
| I bought myself one of those plastic snap on bipods (: 6 bucks on amazon.com |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 am |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
| Quote: |
| I bought myself one of those plastic snap on bipods |
I have one also, and I like it. The conventional wisdom is that bipods and springers don't mix, but I think those plastic ones have enough give that the gun can buck and do its own thing. |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 am |
|
|
| Big Ern |
| Veteran Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Aug 2011 |
| Posts: 357 |
| Location: Miami Fl. |
|
|
 |
| toadmyster223 wrote: |
| I bought myself one of those plastic snap on bipods (: 6 bucks on amazon.com |
One of my favorite AG accesories. Those bipods are great since they can be easily removed and put on another gun whenever you want. I use them on my pumpers all the time. You simply take it off when you need to pump then clamp back on when you want to shoot. And you only need one for all your guns! |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|