Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing » Joining both halves of a Crosman 1077
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Joining both halves of a Crosman 1077 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
dgill53
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Hey Guys,
Trust me, I really feel stupid having to ask this, but what's the secret for joining the 2 halves of a 1077 receiver? I took my newly aquired 1077 to see if I could somehow improve the trigger feel, but now can't get it together. It seems like it gets hung up in the middle somewhere like the CO2 valve. No matter which way I try to join the 2 halves something is hanging me up. Trust me, I'm not an idiot and can do most things but this has got me stumped. Any helpful hints would be apprecuated. Thanks,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Throw away the tab, pin and spring behind the valvestem first- it's a royal pain to keep in place and even more so if you can't get the case together.

You want the left-hand side of the case on the bottom, and something support it so the barrel latch tabs are hanging out below properly. Use a screwdriver to hold the trigger in place, snap halves together and pull screwdriver out last. Keep the screws out of the casing until it is closed up, then insert and tighten them down.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 327
I disagree with throwing anything away.

The thing that makes it a pain is the one pin. On the side that you have the trigger on, the pin hole is loose and on the other side it is tight.

So what I do is with one finger(circle in yellow), hold down the trigger assembly, the spring makes the pin want to lean to the right a lil. So as I bring the other half in I bring it in from the right and then down. This might take one or two tries but you'll get it.



The pin and the flapper thing are circled in the green. And if ya wanna make it a lil easier and if you have a chamfering bit you could chamfer the hole for the pin in the top half.

Take your time and good luck!!!
View user's profile Send private message
Joining both halves of a 1077 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
dgill53
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 5
A big thank you to those who replied, I finally got it together by squeezing the bottom of the receiver slightly while pushing down on the CO2 valve with a small screwdriver and bingo, it snapped together. I quickly screwed the halves together and put the stock back on hoping I did some good with the trigger. Thankfully the trigger pull, while not perfect, was quite a bit smoother and easier to squeeze than before and I didn't lose any of my accuracy which is one reason why I went through this frustration. I've read about some having accuracy problems with their 1077 but frankly, I'm amazed at the accuracy of mine. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Thanks again.
Dan
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 327
another thing you can do is smooth the ammo clips just a touch so that the barrel and valve make a smooth mate when firing, this should give ya a touch more power as less c02 is lost. If ya look at a magnified view of the ammo clip you will see the manufacturing process that leaves excess plastic that can be smoothed off
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
dgill53
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Dan
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 327
Use a very fine file, stone etc, ya just wanna take off that extra plastic that interferes with a complete mate of the barrel and valve
View user's profile Send private message
Joining both halves of a Crosman 1077 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.