Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Hard trigger pull
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Hard trigger pull 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Wired Wrong
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Hey folks, I have a Winchester/Daisy x1000 air rifle, the trigger pull is very heavy.Does anyone know how to lighten one up?Thanks Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
I'll let the model cross experts chime in, but I think this is what they call a B18/B19 (the generic Chinese airgun factory number) and if so, there are aftermarket triggers available to make it shoot very well.

cheers,
Rob

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Wired Wrong
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks for your reply,Radar.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
stefanj
Member
Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 17
Location: Milky Way
You can try to play with the trigger adjustment (pretty sure that it has one) but it won't do much. There is a way to remove on of the springs- but that WILL void your warrenty. Aftermarket is a good way to go. You can also try lubing the trigger contact points lightly- just make sure to go LIGHT on the lube.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Wired Wrong
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks Stefanj.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The Winchester/Daisy has had a number of variations- the first versions years ago were made in Spain (Gamo, obviously) then Turkey, and the last 4 years or so, China.

The current Chinese-made version is not a B18/B19 but some other, somewhat similar product (I suspect a "B12"). I will see if I can verify if the GTX-type trigger will fit it (it likely does on the original, Spain-made units).

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Wired Wrong
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 9
AirGunEric wrote:
The Winchester/Daisy has had a number of variations- the first versions years ago were made in Spain (Gamo, obviously) then Turkey, and the last 4 years or so, China.

The current Chinese-made version is not a B18/B19 but some other, somewhat similar product (I suspect a "B12"). I will see if I can verify if the GTX-type trigger will fit it (it likely does on the original, Spain-made units).


Thanks for your reply.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The newest Winchester's are not using the same trigger as the Spanish-made units- trigger blade is plastic and the safety is at the rear of the tube, not in front of the blade.

Who knows, might be the same basic mechanism so a GTX-type unit could be used, but I'm not betting on it based on what I can see without disassembling things.

I think you're stuck with the old "lube and polish" of the parts on the existing trigger...

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Wired Wrong
New Member
New Member
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks for your efforts, Guess I will just live with it.LOL
View user's profile Send private message
Hard trigger pull 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.